Type R front lip

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if i would buy this....i would wrap that red pin stripping part carbon fiber for sure.....

TophersSI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe 2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all, thanks for waiting and all the tips everyone had for me. I just finished up the install last night and it turned out pretty good. Pictures were limited due to lack of storage on my phone but here is a rundown of what I did. Still need to make an adjustment to the height of the sides as they slope up a bit so be careful is you decide to do this. Now I'll have a hole in the wheel well. Also, you will definitely need to drill holes in your underbody/splashgaurd or whatever its called to secure the lip in place. I hope this helps!!!

Type-R_Step-1.jpg

Type-R_Step-2.jpg

Type-R_Step-3.jpg

Type_R_Done.jpg
Green trees, great job!!! Looks awesome!! You should go into a side job hobby doing this! I'm sure ppl would come from miles around for you to do an install! Thanks for the post!!

ssmith

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Toyota 4Runner, 90 Civic SI, 17 Civic SI
Country flag
Give us the scoop! how was the install. what did you do to make it fit so nice?
Pretty much did it the same way Greentrees did. Came across his DIY right after I did mine. Used a utility knife to cut off the tabs, used double sided tape on the middle to hold it center. Had a friend look straight at it while I drilled in the sides to make sure the red line was level. Then used a few more self tapping screws underneath to re secure the tape.

eaglesmerlin1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX HB
Is everyone paying over $100 in shipping or is the dealership price still more than this still? I do understand that it's an awkward piece to ship but $125 in shipping in continental USA seems wild

ssmith

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Toyota 4Runner, 90 Civic SI, 17 Civic SI
Country flag
Is everyone paying over $100 in shipping or is the dealership price still more than this still? I do understand that it's an awkward piece to ship but $125 in shipping in continental USA seems wild
Go to the dealership.. They do not charge for shipping.

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Took the plunge and installed the lip. Looks amazing on black... at some angles. We should have each color in this thread. We have white, green and black.

20171022_113043.jpg
20171022_113605.jpg
How much of a pain was the install? do you have to do a lot of modding to make the install work?

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
How much of a pain was the install? do you have to do a lot of modding to make the install work?
Depends on your level of OCD as this is a custom job. It took be a few hours. I plan on making a DIY in the near future. The gaps may turn a few people off to this mod though

lvis11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si coupe silver
Country flag
Depends on your level of OCD as this is a custom job. It took be a few hours. I plan on making a DIY in the near future. The gaps may turn a few people off to this mod though
anyone installed the matching side skirt with this? looking to see if it can be modified to fit the si coupe

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I could deal with a few gaps for that sexy lip haha

greentrees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WOP_SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Aww man, glad to see more people going for this!!!! Looks great in the other colors.

Curious as to how everyone was able to get the lip? It was on backorder here in CA.

Update on how it’s held up: So far so good. I’ve gone up to 100mph and it hasn’t flown off lol. I’ve scraped it a couple of times on very steep driveways and got a rock chip while carving through GMR in Pasadena. No telling how much more of a hassle things will be after lowering the car.

As far as the side skirts, it looks like a real pain to do. For those with the sedan and deep pockets, Seibon has real CF skirts for about $800 and a CF front lip for $500. The lip is verified only for the non Si/HB bumpers.
Sponsored