Type R front lip

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would try fully installing it before you go cutting it. Once it is up it may tuck a little tighter and look okay.
Sponsored

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
IMG_2660.JPG
IMG_2654.JPG
IMG_2657.JPG
IMG_2659.JPG

Really?! Wth am I doing differently? Do you think you can get it to fit? Here's what I'm seeing...
IMG_2660.JPG
That's pretty much centered. The tab that's taped green will most likely need to be cut.
Mine wont fit because I have the regular sedan/coupe bumper..the shape is different so I gave up..too much hassle to try anything else when there's a large gap on the side corners

greentrees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WOP_SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey all, thanks for waiting and all the tips everyone had for me. I just finished up the install last night and it turned out pretty good. Pictures were limited due to lack of storage on my phone but here is a rundown of what I did. Still need to make an adjustment to the height of the sides as they slope up a bit so be careful is you decide to do this. Now I'll have a hole in the wheel well. Also, you will definitely need to drill holes in your underbody/splashgaurd or whatever its called to secure the lip in place. I hope this helps!!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R front lip Type-R_Step-1

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R front lip Type-R_Step-2

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R front lip Type-R_Step-3

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R front lip Type_R_Done

dominiquecardenas

First Name
Dominique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2017
Country flag
Mine wont fit because I have the regular sedan/coupe bumper..the shape is different so I gave up..too much hassle to try anything else when there's a large gap on the side corners
Let me buy yours. Lol

datboi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 hatchback EX , 2000 CRV 4WD , 1982 CB750
@greentrees!!! dude! thank you for being diligent, taking your time with snaps and writing this up. looks pretty darn good as the first official installer on this thread.

Look like we need to get a little creative on the corners. Im thinking i might fiberglass somthing before installing

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
best looking front end ever with this lip on!!!!!!!!!!!

Aiirik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport WOP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i hope they make a lip that's similar but fits perfectly with each model. and something that isnt 300$ lol would love this on my sport hatch but i dont wanna go through the hassle/apparently wont even fit.

looks so good

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
Are you drilling into the actual bumper? (White part) or are you drilling into the under carriage?

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had thoughts about this but was worried it wouldn't fit right, I have a hatchback sport and someone said it wont work on a hatchback sport because the areo lip it already has, but cant you just take off the areo lip?

greentrees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WOP_SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you drilling into the actual bumper? (White part) or are you drilling into the under carriage?
There's about 8 holes in the undercarriage and 4 on the white part inside the wheel wells. So quite a few. Not for the faint of heart

greentrees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WOP_SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:thumbsup:
I had thoughts about this but was worried it wouldn't fit right, I have a hatchback sport and someone said it wont work on a hatchback sport because the areo lip it already has, but cant you just take off the areo lip?
I believe you can take the aero lip off. As for the Type R lip, I wouldn't do it if you're OCD about fitment. There will be gaps, especially the corners underneath the fog lights. I'm still working on a permanent solution for this. After having seen how it actually fits on a real Type R, this is a bit of a hack job. Just so you know.

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:thumbsup:
I believe you can take the aero lip off. As for the Type R lip, I wouldn't do it if you're OCD about fitment. There will be gaps, especially the corners underneath the fog lights. I'm still working on a permanent solution for this. After having seen how it actually fits on a real Type R, this is a bit of a hack job. Just so you know.
That was my number one worry, i know the Type R has a wider front bumper for the vents and the wide fenders so i thought it wouldn't even fit at all

Rockstar08

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI and 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4
Country flag
Thanks for the detailed installation looks really good!

Nozomi135

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Modern Silver Metallic)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the guide! That looks sweet! Would love to get that lip on my coupe!
Sponsored