STEELO-CLASSIC

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
It sounds like it has been advised against, but say I was willing to try to install with the aero lip still attached; do you think it would fill in the gap in the corner? I’m still not sure how screwing in and attaching will go —I’ll have to double check how deep the aero lip goes... but here’s some photos and it somewhat runs slight flush with the back corner, where it mounts near the wheel well.. I’ll also upload user @Donuyen18 test photos, to see what I mean..

Any input helps! Thanks

C15584A0-B80C-4ECA-A7C7-2B89788AD6E7.jpeg

5EAE3A1B-A743-41B9-8944-6071E5A7BC23.jpeg
I think it might work also, worst case scenario you remove the aero lip.
Sponsored

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
You may not like what I have to say, but us Type R guys are finding that a bunch of Type R cosmetic parts are getting more and more expensive and the reason isn't because more people are buying Type Rs. It's because you guys didn't buy Type Rs and then got a bad case of "I wish I had" and suddenly a bad approach in my car costs three times as much because you wanted to spruce up your base model.

Which, whatever, if you want to pretend like your 1.5L can wear a red badge go for it my dude, it's your money. But let's call a spade a spade.
Your new to this site so let me just say this before this thread gets too derailed. Everybody has their own opinion and that's fine but you dont have to be a dbag about it. Just because you spent that much money on a civic doesnt give you a license to go around and belittle people. I understand how proud you are to be a Type R owner given that you had to put your badge number as your icon as if you had to prove it even though no one asked. Almost as if to say, "look at me guys, i own a Type R!" I get it. You have certainly gained the respect of the true car guys. You know what wont get you respect? Joining a new forum and throwing out insults in your 1st month. Why dont you just try being respectful to others inside of forcing your ideology of what should and shouldnt be? And "pretend to wear a red badge"? Do Type R snobs really believe that if someone puts a red badge on a car, that person is trying to pass off their vehicle as a type R? Keep this site helpful and friendly before it turns into another hondatech. If you dont like the thread, why even go in and comment on it? Keep your eyes on the road and stay in your lane.

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
technically the only cars that can wear red badges are type r's from japan.

Your new to this site so let me just say this before this thread gets too derailed. Everybody has their own opinion and that's fine but you dont have to be a dbag about it. Just because you spent that much money on a civic doesnt give you a license to go around and belittle people. I understand how proud you are to be a Type R owner given that you had to put your badge number as your icon as if you had to prove it even though no one asked. Almost as if to say, "look at me guys, i own a Type R!" I get it. You have certainly gained the respect of the true car guys. You know what wont get you respect? Joining a new forum and throwing out insults in your 1st month. Why dont you just try being respectful to others inside of forcing your ideology of what should and shouldnt be? And "pretend to wear a red badge"? Do Type R snobs really believe that if someone puts a red badge on a car, that person is trying to pass off their vehicle as a type R? Keep this site helpful and friendly before it turns into another hondatech. If you dont like the thread, why even go in and comment on it? Keep your eyes on the road and stay in your lane.
he probably paid 50k for his. his butt hurt is understandable.

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2000 Celica GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally got mine on. Only gaps I have are on the side, but very slight. I reduced them drastically with a heat gun and muscle, and I'm pretty sure if I keep at it, they'll be gone.
I'll wait for the warm weather as it's way to cold now. Was a little upset at first for buying this right before the new lips came on market but since I love the carbon fiber look,
I'm happy I did this. Also, I wasn't sure if people were getting gaps where the lip slants inward on the front, so instead of cutting those tabs off, I elected to trim off the sides, and used a heat
gun to bend them downward. At the least, it created a couple more screw-in points. Also, 3m double sided tape only helped with figuring placement. Used screws only when mounting.

20181123_215012.jpg

Hey did you wrap in 1 piece or 3 pieces? (side pattered to match front)

GixxerMKD

First Name
Baze
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 Hatchback Sport 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just to check before i place the order on monday, has anyone successfully mounted it on Hatchback Sport? It has a small lip on the sides so if anyone has it done please post images.

Thanks!

SonicBreezerST160

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Gray Pearl ST Hatchback
Country flag
My local Honda dealership has it listed at $436+, suddenly not interested anymore!
Another dealership has it at $324.00

Last edited:

GixxerMKD

First Name
Baze
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My local Honda dealership has it listed at $436+, suddenly not interested anymore!
Another dealership has it at $324.00
That's insane man, over here its much cheaper, I've ordered mine for 120 two days ago.

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just to check before i place the order on monday, has anyone successfully mounted it on Hatchback Sport? It has a small lip on the sides so if anyone has it done please post images.

Thanks!
I have Hatch Sport Touring. it fits very snug tight without the small lips removed.

GixxerMKD

First Name
Baze
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have Hatch Sport Touring. it fits very snug tight without the small lips removed.
Is it pain to remove the small lip or should i just go with it? Got pictures from yours?

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it pain to remove the small lip or should i just go with it? Got pictures from yours?
My lip is in the shop getting painted black, and the car. I just did a test fit when it was just the raw plastic. I didn't attempt to remove the small lip, but it looks like
it's 1 piece across the bumper, I'll do further investigation when the lip gets painted from the shop and I get the car back

if you feel like waiting....lol

SonicBreezerST160

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Gray Pearl ST Hatchback
Country flag
My lip is in the shop getting painted black, and the car. I just did a test fit when it was just the raw plastic. I didn't attempt to remove the small lip, but it looks like
it's 1 piece across the bumper, I'll do further investigation when the lip gets painted from the shop and I get the car back

if you feel like waiting....lol
Isn't it the faux cf, and already black from the factory? We are talking about the stock Type-R lip (from Honda) here, correct?

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Isn't it the faux cf, and already black from the factory? We are talking about the stock Type-R lip (from Honda) here, correct?
oops no...mines is the replica from ebay for hatchbacks
Sponsored