Type R front lip

Civicbruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2013 Kawasaki ZX6R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That looks great, and i'm loving those wheels too!
Thanks! I am really liking how it all came out so far. The convex look of the wheels make them look a bit more aggressive also.
Sponsored

pnoypride81

First Name
Eidrian Espino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan 2018 Odyssey
Country flag
It's 126.62 for the front and $192.38 for the rear before tax
@STEELO-CLASSIC hey brotha... i wanted to know if you ordered it at your local honda dealership or went online. been seeing over $100 shipping on any sites so I'm thinking local dealership might be the way to go but wanted to clarify. thanks in advance.!1

HammerSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Finally got mine on. Only gaps I have are on the side, but very slight. I reduced them drastically with a heat gun and muscle, and I'm pretty sure if I keep at it, they'll be gone.
I'll wait for the warm weather as it's way to cold now. Was a little upset at first for buying this right before the new lips came on market but since I love the carbon fiber look,
I'm happy I did this. Also, I wasn't sure if people were getting gaps where the lip slants inward on the front, so instead of cutting those tabs off, I elected to trim off the sides, and used a heat
gun to bend them downward. At the least, it created a couple more screw-in points. Also, 3m double sided tape only helped with figuring placement. Used screws only when mounting.

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R front lip 20181123_215012

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
just tried to get one at my local Honda...$336 now. smh used to be $90.

Timmeh8604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
At this point, there are 2 fairly decent type r style lips that are bolt on for Si and hatchback at $115 for either one on eBay. No need to spend that much money on something you’re gonna have to chop up unless you just really want a real one. For the price of a real one you can almost buy a type r style front bumper conversion.

just tried to get one at my local Honda...$336 now. smh used to be $90.

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
At this point, there are 2 fairly decent type r style lips that are bolt on for Si and hatchback at $115 for either one on eBay. No need to spend that much money on something you’re gonna have to chop up unless you just really want a real one. For the price of a real one you can almost buy a type r style front bumper conversion.
ik i was just giving a heads up. the new ones have a coating on them that make them look bad imo.

STEELO-CLASSIC

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Is that a gap near the rear or is it just the angle of the shot?
sorry havent been on here in a while. the side skirts were not fully installed in those pics. I was to lazy/busy to jack the car up and remove the wheels, when you install the skirts you are suppossed to drill a few self tapping screws into the factory skirt under and int he wheel wells. It looks way better properly installed I will try and take some new pics today or tomorrow.

STEELO-CLASSIC

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I saw a fb post that the Version 3 FK8 style bumper for sedan has been released by aftermarket company TRC Motorsport in Thailand I believe.

The very first FK8 style had the lip molded with the lower dust cover like what you see here, and now they make the front bumper exactly the same as the FK8 with the lip separated, and comes with faux carbon texture as well.

These FK8 style bumper are made to fit on regular hatchback and sedan, so the lip is definitely not as wide as the original FK8. For those who wanna make FK8 front lip on regular civic might wanna take a look here.

IMG_9604.JPG

IMG_9605.JPG

IMG_9606.JPG

IMG_9607.JPG
is there a link where we can buy direct to USA? the link is all in thai.

Le Creme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback (6mt) 2014 Mazda CX-5
Country flag
It sounds like it has been advised against, but say I was willing to try to install with the aero lip still attached; do you think it would fill in the gap in the corner? I’m still not sure how screwing in and attaching will go —I’ll have to double check how deep the aero lip goes... but here’s some photos and it somewhat runs slight flush with the back corner, where it mounts near the wheel well.. I’ll also upload user @Donuyen18 test photos, to see what I mean..

Any input helps! Thanks

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R front lip C15584A0-B80C-4ECA-A7C7-2B89788AD6E7

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R front lip 5EAE3A1B-A743-41B9-8944-6071E5A7BC23

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R front lip 4694C7DB-D321-4896-A1CD-28D249750260

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R front lip 3A70CE02-EDC3-4023-8167-4B5D013DFDDE

Last edited: