Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FK7
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello!

I was thinking to myself, and need your help with it, would the FK8 lower front grille fit the FK7?

So, as most of you might know, the whole front bumper from the FK8 type R is wider and with it also the lip is wider than the rest of the hatchback models.
Altough, and I need your help, the lower grille doesn't seem different, it may have some slight differences in it as the type R lip has from the regular lips.
I think this might be an interesting mod to do, as it gets the intercooler more visible, and wouldn't affect the lip's support.

I'm going to my local Honda dealership tomorrow to check it out side by side, as they currently have both models exposed.

In the meantime, if anyone happens to stumble on this post and happen to have their bumper pulled out, please post some pictures so we can discuss this. Would really like to have pictures of both the type R and the sport grille out.

For reference:
FK8 Type R Lower grille: 71107-TGH-A00
FK7 Sport Lower grille: 71107-TGG-A50

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R Front Grille swap digpPZ0

Cheers!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Snipereyez

Snipereyez

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FK7
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I guess this thead will just die as quickly as it started.
I went to my local dealership today tocompare the two models and I took some pictures:
o6xpgNu.jpg
heAmyjG.jpg

As you can see, now that they're side by side, the Type R's grille is taller so it can reach the carbon lip.
In the Sport the same happens, the grille meets the lip, altough the lip isn't as prominent. So it's a no match.

Solid idea, sad outcome guys!

Hopefully some aftermarket brand catches the idea and starts making a mesh grill for our hatchbacks!

Cheers

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, the faux opening for the fog lights do have matching grill pattern, so why bother to change that?

FK8 - All mesh grill
FK7 - All elongated honeycomb grill

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R Front Grille swap 89030B6F-BAD1-4EA0-B96C-878DE29C78B5.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: