Type R front bumper conversion

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
is that the ikonmotorsport front bumper conversion?

still waiting on someone who has the sport touring w/ lane/collision extras to post up a succesful conversion
curious about this as well
Sponsored

Vr6chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, 2001 VW GTI VR6
Country flag
Well this happened a couple days ago... I am wondering if doing this conversion is cheaper or near the same as just stock stuff.
Yeah I'm in the same position as you right now. I had someone back in to me and hit a deer all in the same week. From what I understand the cost is relatively close, close enough that I might as well pull the trigger on the aftermarket bumper. After a full bumper replacement and respray your already in the 500-700 dollar range for OEM.

aznspaceship

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
It was $250 for both colors, it would definitely be cheaper if you leave the lip black or carbon (depending which you got)
Hey Stuart, I live in Carson. Can you send me the info the shop? Was it 250 for the color and installation?

Si Stuart

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe. 1969 Karmann Ghia.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Stuart, I live in Carson. Can you send me the info the shop? Was it 250 for the color and installation?
https://instagram.com/little_lowlows?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=813p6ghkgv16
I installed it myself, but hes also done bodywork for me and will definitely work something out with you! I attached a link for his IG page so you can see his work.
His address: 7913 Chatfield Ave. Unit B. Whittier, Ca. 90606.
Hopefully it helps!

devdp_

First Name
Dev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX 2018
Country flag
I have a sedan with Honda Sensing and see people talking about if we can make this conversion work with the Sensing. Anyone have any info if I can make this Sensing compatible? Thanks.

Vladn4

First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX hatchback EX
Country flag
Paid about $450 for this conversion bumper. Maximum airflow, but very tough instal. Had to cut into side of frame in order to fit because foglights sit higher in new bumper then OEM. Let me know what you guys think

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R front bumper conversion 20190619_193903

tsixtial

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I called Ikonmotorsport and they said Type R conversion will not work with Honda Sensing. They actually picked up a 2019 Civic to do some R & D work.

wilctr

First Name
Wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Type-R
Country flag
Any fitment issues with the rear bumper? I know two people who got the full kit from ABS Dynamics when it first came out, and both of them said the kit fits perfectly, except for the rear bumper.
I know the fitment on the rear bumper as good as the front bumper. Only thing you need to do is remove your crash beam. The. Everything will bolt right on. Make sure need to change your exhaust tip first for stock si muffler.

ThatDustyFox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1 Si
Country flag
I know the fitment on the rear bumper as good as the front bumper. Only thing you need to do is remove your crash beam. The. Everything will bolt right on. Make sure need to change your exhaust tip first for stock si muffler.
Do you have a source that can 100% confirm this? I'm just concerned about buying the whole kit because the only two cars I've actually seen that have the full kit had big fitment issues with the rear bumper. It didn't line up correctly and some of the tabs were slightly off as well.
Sponsored