Type R FBO + Custom Tune Dyno Results (376 whp / 387 wtq) & Products Review (PRL, Remus, PTP/USR)

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Almost the exact setup I plan to run next year, can't wait!

Off-topic, but your occupation says M&A, as in Mergers & Acquisitions?
Sponsored

OP
OP

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Almost the exact setup I plan to run next year, can't wait!

Off-topic, but your occupation says M&A, as in Mergers & Acquisitions?
Awesome it’s working out really well so far. And yes, mergers & acquisitions.

OP
OP

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Nice, another banker on the forum, I'll PM to discuss so we don't veer off topic lol.
Lol ex-banker. Hung up by banking hat last year after about 5 years in the business; now on the Corp dev side

dxbydt

First Name
Ian Holm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Do you have any plans to make the KTuner map available at some point?

koochieman

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Civic Sedan, 2018 Black CTR
Country flag
truly great post/read! I know a lot of people might skim through this fairly fast..but I appreciate you listing why you went the route you choosed. I had my mind set on Hondata but looks like I'll be going the Ktuner route:drive:

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I’ll def check him out, would be nice to see the work done in person. Too bad I can’t just fly my car back to Philly because I’m from Philly and I go back home once a month.
You could bring your ECU when you come up to Philly and take a drive out to Derek to get it unlocked at least...

Lol I hear that. Yeah it was pretty neat to be in the shop, but at the same time about half of the time goes simply to just the reflashing process (sitting for multiple 7-10 minutes sessions for the ecu to update each time you tweak the tune). Still a really great learning experience though. It got me much more interested in the tuning side of things.
I talked to Derek (and @KTuner indirectly) about how to go about somehow (perhaps using MoTec?) creating a shop-use ECU that would be used to allow for live tuning like we used to have in the 8th gen Civic Si. Maybe some computer program that could translate the live-ECU to the tables and such that get written to the ECU. I may be grossly misunderstanding how the new Bosch ECU really works with these torque targets-
Point is - it would greatly speed up the tuning process.

OP
OP

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Do you have any plans to make the KTuner map available at some point?
this and im ready to pay :)
The custom tune map? Unfortunately no I won’t be sharing it, but you can def get one custom made for your own car from Derek! That is the best way to get it tailored to your car. Hit him up!

OP
OP

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
You could bring your ECU when you come up to Philly and take a drive out to Derek to get it unlocked at least...

I talked to Derek (and @KTuner indirectly) about how to go about somehow (perhaps using MoTec?) creating a shop-use ECU that would be used to allow for live tuning like we used to have in the 8th gen Civic Si. Maybe some computer program that could translate the live-ECU to the tables and such that get written to the ECU. I may be grossly misunderstanding how the new Bosch ECU really works with these torque targets-
Point is - it would greatly speed up the tuning process.
Live tuning would be great. I’m sure it’s simply a matter of time before this gets developed, especially since the Bosch ECU is used on other European platforms that people also like to tune. I’m sure it would make Derek and other tuner’s lives much easier.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Live tuning would be great. I’m sure it’s simply a matter of time before this gets developed, especially since the Bosch ECU is used on other European platforms that people also like to tune. I’m sure it would make Derek and other tuner’s lives much easier.
For sure. That flash process...it's long enough to make you nervous!

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Did he have any comments on how maxed out the fuel system is with your final numbers?

OP
OP

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Did he have any comments on how maxed out the fuel system is with your final numbers?
I don’t remember 100% but I think we were close, but how close I don’t recall

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
Awesome post and great results? I'm always curious about MPG. Would you mind sharing how your MPG changed?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
With so much extra power, do you run into any traction issues going WOT on a rolling start?
Sponsored