genuine style

First Name
cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type R
Country flag
I have a 17 ctr and after I installed the mishimoto intake install the engine light keeps coming on with 2 issues. I keep turning them off but keeps coming in when I go over 50 mph.
How can I disable the sensor the intake has ?
My vehicle doesn’t have anything else other than the intake.

code coming up is p04f0
the same code comes up twice only one is removable with tool and 2nd one is permanet.
meaning I can only delete one which comes back after aggressive driving.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
The O2 sensor is connected to your cat converter just so you know.

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Do you have Hondata? What codes are coming up? Check all your connections again like the clamps, vacuum lines, make sure they’re all nice and tight.

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
I had my Mishimoto intake for over a year without any problems. Did you possibly dropped the MAF sensor or accidentally hit it with a tool? When I installed my intake, I took extreme care when it comes to the MAF sensor. I had those break on my previous cars by bumping it with a socket wrench on accident.

OP
OP
genuine style

genuine style

First Name
cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type R
Country flag
Do you have Hondata? What codes are coming up? Check all your connections again like the clamps, vacuum lines, make sure they’re all nice and tight.
code P04F0.
no hondata or nothing just an intake.
I checked 3 times to make sure everything is tight.

OP
OP
genuine style

genuine style

First Name
cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type R
Country flag
I had my Mishimoto intake for over a year without any problems. Did you possibly dropped the MAF sensor or accidentally hit it with a tool? When I installed my intake, I took extreme care when it comes to the MAF sensor. I had those break on my previous cars by bumping it with a socket wrench on accident.
I was been super careful when doing the installation. but I think if it was broken the engine light will come up right after a drive but it only does when I take it to 50 and higher speed constantly without letting go the accelerator .

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
I was been super careful when doing the installation. but I think if it was broken the engine light will come up right after a drive but it only does when I take it to 50 and higher speed constantly without letting go the accelerator .
This is the code coming up

00B65E6E-59E0-4A53-92A9-2B7897CDC792.jpeg
This problem could be from loose or partiality connected evaporative emissions(EVAP) vapor lines.

Honda Civic 10th gen Type r engine light and O2 sensor keeps coming on after intake install 83A14374-BC91-4C01-8783-901ACC56E3C0

Last edited:

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This problem could be from loose or partiality connected evaporative emissions(EVAP) vapor lines.

83A14374-BC91-4C01-8783-901ACC56E3C0.jpeg

When I installed my aFe Intake, The hose clamp was riveted on and there was no way to really take it off with a tool.. I wiggled it off and replaced it with a standard 20 cent hose clamp.... As others stated this could be the issue, or the MAF sensor.

According to what I have read, that code is a generic code and it seems to be emissions related. It absolutely could be that EVAP vapor lines (A Mercedes and BMW had that issue)

OP
OP
genuine style

genuine style

First Name
cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type R
Country flag
I installed this the wrong way so I didn’t see it

Honda Civic 10th gen Type r engine light and O2 sensor keeps coming on after intake install image
Sponsored