Elite Sponsor
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hey guys, just figured I'd let those who didn't know that Ultimate Racing has release their downpipe. Here are some pictures. It's 304 stainless, full 3" with a 3.5" inlet coming off the turbo, and comes with some options for extra wideband bung, o2 sensor extender, and a catted version. They recommend heat wrapping it (I personally really like ceramic coating) because of the location. According to their dyno, it looks like it picks up a really good amount of power and torque under the entire curve, even without tuning. We have them available on our site too. Tell us what you think or if you have any questions.

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R Downpipe from Ultimate Racing is Available 30010%201_zpsa7gwvqkh

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R Downpipe from Ultimate Racing is Available 30010%202_zpsbbbynww6

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R Downpipe from Ultimate Racing is Available 30010%205_zpsercqpi4b

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R Downpipe from Ultimate Racing is Available 30010%204_zps0q7g3zfi

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R Downpipe from Ultimate Racing is Available 30010%207_zps1uhlal1i

calveezzzy

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 BMW 335i, 10 VW GTI, 17 Honda Civic Type R
Is the downpipe easy to install or would we need access to a lift or a shop to do it?

OP
OP
edgeautosport.com

edgeautosport.com

Elite Sponsor
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Is the downpipe easy to install or would we need access to a lift or a shop to do it?
Good question. You'll definitely need to get under the car, so either a lift or jack stands and a jack will be necessary. I have not seen a Type R here at our shop yet so I'm not familiar with how difficult it is, TBH. My guess is it's not too crazy. It really depends on your definition of "easy".

calveezzzy

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good question. You'll definitely need to get under the car, so either a lift or jack stands and a jack will be necessary. I have not seen a Type R here at our shop yet so I'm not familiar with how difficult it is, TBH. My guess is it's not too crazy. It really depends on your definition of "easy".
Thanks for the reply! By "easy" I meant is the downpipe easily accessible without removal of any other engine components. If that's the case, then I probably won't look for a shop and just do it myself.

OP
OP
edgeautosport.com

edgeautosport.com

Elite Sponsor
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks for the reply! By "easy" I meant is the downpipe easily accessible without removal of any other engine components. If that's the case, then I probably won't look for a shop and just do it myself.
Gotcha. It's in the front of the engine bay unlike a lot of recent turbo cars where they've been putting them in the back. That alone makes it more accessible if you ask me.

JLOracing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Time Attack, 2007 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda fit Sport World Challenge TCB, 2012 Honda Fit Sport daily, 1996 Honda Civic Coupe endurance road race, 1999 Honda Civic Hatchback rallycross, 1971 Datsun 510 Coupe project track car
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The downpipe isnt that easy honestly. Will need to remove the turbo inlet pipe, airbox, and potentially the upper radiator support panel. The other issue is removing the bolts and nuts that secure the downpipe the the turbo. The nuts are mechanical locking nuts and often lockup on the studs and break. I have had my own custom built downpipe since 500miles and know this issue first hand. I will be installing one on a friends car soon and plan to make a guide with pics, etc.

calveezzzy

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The downpipe isnt that easy honestly. Will need to remove the turbo inlet pipe, airbox, and potentially the upper radiator support panel. The other issue is removing the bolts and nuts that secure the downpipe the the turbo. The nuts are mechanical locking nuts and often lockup on the studs and break. I have had my own custom built downpipe since 500miles and know this issue first hand. I will be installing one on a friends car soon and plan to make a guide with pics, etc.
hmmm ok thanks for the feedback. Seems liek it's just easaier and less work to pay a shop to do this.
Sponsored