creativedesignz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I emailed them yesterday about the selling the vents separately. They said they were out of stock on them. I'm waiting for them to list a new batch and send me pricing

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
thats good. they told me they only sell as a set and cant sell the grills alone

creativedesignz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I told them there was a pretty high demand there so maybe they have something up their sleeve. I will see what they say, still havent gotten a response yet.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Seems like the open vents will increase drag and/or reduce cooling as air doesn't have to just go up/over/around or through the pounds of aluminum engineered to go in the center. Do we even have a channel through the wheel well to direct air over the brakes?

Gotta love the advertising hubris of leveling claims against a 'competitor version'.... when the 'competitor' is the original manufacturer. Goodness, this nearly made my day. Too bad it wasn't actually posted on 4/1! :rofl:

Honda Civic 10th gen Type-R conversions getting better upload_2019-4-1_14-38-49

I guess if anyone is losing LED retrofit Fog Lights left and right..... their wishes are about to be granted.

View attachment 144196

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

SixxSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I've been wondering about those front fake Vents. Seeing as the Type R is all about aero dynamics, I wonder if hollowing out those inserts has a negative impact on air flow. Seems easy enough for Honda to do right at the factory (seeing as one of them is already partially hollowed out).

I really wonder about any exterior mod we do and how it impacts the air flow. Even lower offset wheels must have some impact. All I know is aerodynamics is not as straight forward as it seems. The weirdest stuff can impact air flow and it is far from obvious. Without a wind tunnel, we can only guess

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I've been wondering about those front fake Vents. Seeing as the Type R is all about aero dynamics, I wonder if hollowing out those inserts has a negative impact on air flow. Seems easy enough for Honda to do right at the factory (seeing as one of them is already partially hollowed out).

I really wonder about any exterior mod we do and how it impacts the air flow. Even lower offset wheels must have some impact. All I know is aerodynamics is not as straight forward as it seems. The weirdest stuff can impact air flow and it is far from obvious. Without a wind tunnel, we can only guess
I think the reason why Honda didn't cut them for the Type R is that they weren't cut for any other Civic Hatchbacks. To cut them for the Type R would require another mold specifically for the Type R and up the cost, so they decided against it.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
I think the reason why Honda didn't cut them for the Type R is that they weren't cut for any other Civic Hatchbacks. To cut them for the Type R would require another mold specifically for the Type R and up the cost, so they decided against it.
But the front vents for the type r is specific for the Type R only. It already uses a different mold than the other hatchbacks

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
But the front vents for the type r is specific for the Type R only. It already uses a different mold than the other hatchbacks
I stand corrected. I thought they were the same for whatever reason.

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
My opinion on the open vents is that the things behind it aren't exactly pretty to look at nor will they serve any additional function. Also, with some of the painted parts behind it, looking through the open vents even from a somewhat 'normal' distance, you can tell that there are painted frame pieces, etc that are blocking the 'view'; Like looking through a cage of stored items. Perhaps if you do something like the Mishimoto oil cooler, that would be a good look?

I guess it's gonna be up to you; whether you like to see all the things behind the fake vents, or expose everything and have a different 'fake' look.