First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So this guy EMan is doing the Type R retro fit on Si and is the only one that knows of it? What does he need your flywheel?
Sponsored

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So this guy EMan is doing the Type R retro fit on Si and is the only one that knows of it? What does he need your flywheel?
It is explained earlier in the thread. Basically he takes portions of the DMF and converts the Type R flywheel to fit in the Si housing. He has successfully done it for over 20 people I think, with a number of us waiting for shipment as well.

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry at work and was scrolling fast through the comments. I showed my tech this and he is a brain trying to figure out what he does for the retro-fit.
It is explained earlier in the thread. Basically he takes portions of the DMF and converts the Type R flywheel to fit in the Si housing. He has successfully done it for over 20 people I think, with a number of us waiting for shipment as well.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

562Si

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Can't wait to get it..Going this Saturday to get it..

AMA-10gen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R CW, 2015 GMC sierra 2500 HD denali Duramax, 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Turbo charged Sidewinder Banks
Country flag
I'm fixing to place on order for it and send the extra money for the core charge, then get my money back once he receives my core at his shop.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My Type R clutch is installed feels great!
I am waiting for Eman to build and ship mine and then I am having it installed. Glad to hear you like it. I am looking forward to it too.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got my Eman's Type R clutch installed yesterday. I picked it up from the shop today. First impressions are outstanding. It feels like a real clutch. More like the ones I have had in previous 6 and 8 cylinder cars. Not heavy, but solid. The flywheel revs quickly and the revs drop like a rock when I back off the gas with the clutch in. The clutch is completely silent.

I need to break-in the clutch, but it is such a strong clutch I believe I can still drive the car spritely because my Si is still only a 1.5L. I just need to avoid half throttle to WOT for a couple of tanks of gas.

PS I kept the stock CMC.

Last edited:

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got my Eman's Type R clutch installed yesterday. I picked it up from the shop today. First impressions are outstanding. It feels like a real clutch. More like the ones I have had in previous 6 and 8 cylinder cars. Not heavy, but solid. The flywheel revs quickly and the revs drop like a rock when I back off the gas with the clutch in. The clutch is completely silent.

I need to break-in the clutch, but it is such a strong clutch I believe I can still drive the car spritely because my Si is still only a 1.5L. I just need to avoid half throttle to WOT for a couple of tanks of gas.

PS I kept the stock CMC.
Thanks for the update, Bob. I know we’ve had our differences in the past, but this is good to hear. I’m currently awaiting for Eman to ship me my type r retrofit as well. I’m looking forward to it.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought I would add a few more first impressions. The shop set the clutch pedal about half an inch higher than the brake pedal. Engagement is high, but I guess as the clutch breaks in then it will engage lower. If I would have gotten Eman's Type R CMC upgrade too I expect it wouldn't have needed as long of a throw for the clutch. Eman said that his CMC engaged faster, but for a DD I think the stock CMC engages lightning quick.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought I would add a few more first impressions. The shop set the clutch pedal about half an inch higher than the brake pedal. Engagement is high, but I guess as the clutch breaks in then it will engage lower. If I would have gotten Eman's Type R CMC upgrade too I expect it wouldn't have needed as long of a throw for the clutch. Eman said that his CMC engaged faster, but for a DD I think the stock CMC engages lightning quick.
I think you can also adjust the pedal? I know of other people who have after a clutch replacement. If it is still high after break in, there is a fair amount of adjustment to bring it back down I think.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Nice, guys! I found that after 2 years on the stock SI clutch, going to an R clutch was definitely an adjustment. The SI clutch was so light that I had almost forgotten what a real clutch feels like. The R's clutch is definitely much closer to what I've experienced on previous vehicles, though I will say that when I get stuck in stop and go traffic, I do occasionally miss the SI clutch's feather light action.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice, guys! I found that after 2 years on the stock SI clutch, going to an R clutch was definitely an adjustment. The SI clutch was so light that I had almost forgotten what a real clutch feels like. The R's clutch is definitely much closer to what I've experienced on previous vehicles, though I will say that when I get stuck in stop and go traffic, I do occasionally miss the SI clutch's feather light action.
My daily is a 1996 Accord manual. If I haven't driven my Si for a while, I am not sure if there is even a clutch pedal in it lol.
Sponsored