Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks everyone for your continued support.

The sedan hatch type r turn signals are finished with production and are on it's way soon.

Thank you all for your patience.
Sponsored

Frackz

First Name
Snoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2018 Audi RS3
Country flag
Hi there i just got my order in and there seems to be alot missing out of my kit.

I ordered the full kit with upgrades, all i got was a rectangular box with two bulbs and a zip lock bag with another two bulbs, and the flight tag.

The entire interior kit is missing \ vanity mirror leds is missing.

Also one of the other leds is missing to not sure which is which.

garnuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
I think TypeRLEDS, is a great part of our community. I hope my comments are taken as 'constructive criticism' and not complaints. I understand you are a small company still trying to improve all parts of your operation.

Last week I received my order of 12 bulbs. The padded envelope seemed adequate, but a box would be better for glass bulbs.

I was missing 2 of the 12 bulbs I ordered. The pairs of bulbs are in nice little zip lock bags. However, none of the bags were labeled with what was inside. I had to go to the website and took 20 minutes to determine what I was missing.

After I sent photos of what I received, including the invoice. It still took 3-4 emails to determine what I received and didn't receive, they were very responsive and I received the pair of bulbs I was missing in 2 days. (Thanks for the quick customers service)

Just some suggestions:

1. I would order again from you.

2. Please label each individually pair of bulbs.

3. Written installation instructions or video links would be very helpful, especially for noobs like me.

4. Evaluate your order fulfillment process.

I've only installed the interior map and dome lights. The maps lights fitment was a little loose. I had to 'jiggle' them to stay on. After 4 days they are still working.

The dome light was a little challenging, even after finding a video. The video said just lay the new bulb in the housing. It wouldn't fit and would not stay centered. Then I realized it had a peel off sticking backing. When I took that off and stuck it to the topside , it stayed in place.

So far, I'm very happy with the interior lights... much brighter. The exterior bulbs I have not installed yet. Like most installations it won't be difficult, but I need to find some videos for someone like me who has never done it before.

Last edited:

BIGBLUESI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
So I received my lights today, installed the front driver and passenger side and dome lights, love the results, super bright. The one thing that made me feel a little weary was that the dome light seemed to have a slightly loose connection in its wiring, just a little movement of the wire seemed to make it turn off or flicker, thankfully I was able to get it to stay on and closed up the plastic cover, I'm hoping that any movement from daily driving won't trip it off. Nonetheless, the interior lights are working and indeed super bright.

The trunk light was a whole other story though, I looked up how to take apart the housing on youtube and that was easier than I anticipated. There aren't directions for the trunk light so I had to figure it out a bit, first I stuck a small thin rod into the trunk hatch mechanism to turn off the light, and pressing the exterior trunk handle just electronically removed it activating the light again. I realized I had to do that in order to pull the bulb out without burning my finger and just as a safety measure, don't want the power on when changing bulbs. So, turned off the light, pulled out the oem bulb, plugged in the new super bright LED (paid the extra $4 for it), turned on the light, and it immediately just smoked up and seems to have burned the fuse or burned up the housing connections because putting back the oem bulb also didn't work afterward.

Pretty upset with the trunk LED, a plug and play situation has now turned into a trip to the dealer, guess I'll just have to tell them that my trunk light stopped working, not sure if I should give them all the details.

Not sure what I'll do with the trunk lighting after I get it repaired at the dealer. The super bright one has slightly rounded edges past the contacts which made it seem to not fit properly into the trunk housing so I'll either try to exchange that single light from typeRleds with the regular one or just get a different one altogether.

Anyway, beware, either don't get the trunk super bright option LED or wait to see if there's a solution or fix for it. I'll update with what I end up doing. Pics below of some before and after of the interior lights and the trunk LED that smoked up :(. Tomorrow I'll be installing the reverse LEDs, from the looks of it people are pretty happy with those and haven't come across any issues on this thread.

UPDATE: Turned out it was a burned fuse as the interior front and rear dome lights also weren’t working anymore. Changed the fuse and it all started working again, trunks working as well, turns out I didn’t need to make a trip to the dealer after all, thank goodness. I found out our fuse box lids have a handy little tool and extra fuses inside it!

UPDATE: TypeRleds was very helpful. I got an email response immediately and discussed the issue, seems to have been some metal flaps on the housing that made contact with the led circuit board causing it to burn out. I appreciated his concern for my own experience as well as for others who might purchase this kit in the future. He also mentioned there will be a DYI guide coming soon for the trunk led specifically, so dont hesitate to buy the kit!

IMG_2990.JPG

IMG_2991.JPG

IMG_2992.JPG

IMG_2994.JPG

IMG_3002.JPG
With no disrespect meant to the seller you have to be extremely careful when installing LED bulbs. I experienced a similar problem like this poster did. I tried to put in bright reverse LED lights and it blew a fuse. Unfortunately the fuse that blue controlled my dashboard lights, air conditioner, sports mode, rear view camera and reverse lights. I took it to the dealer and just stated it to them they stopped working. They looked at my car and found the same thing where a fuse had blown. They said they had noticed I put LED headlight lamps in and strongly suggested to remove them. I explained they had resistors built into them to help with the issues that they are experiencing since everything is now controlled by the ECU. They said they had to contact Honda corporate and advise them of the situation. Corporate advise them that installing LED headlights don’t work likely causing the fuse to blow. In my mind I know this wasn’t true, it was trying to hook up the wrong reverse lights. The car’s computer controls everything in today’s cars and that is why I am posting this. I will not be putting any more LED lights in my car. The headlights were good enough. I just want everyone to be aware of what putting LED lights into your car can do and could possibly void the warranty if it does something to the ECU . It sounds like this company is working out the bugs which is a good thing but just be careful when you’re installing LED lights.

BIGBLUESI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Does anyone know if this company is still open for orders? Has anyone ordered anything from them lately? They do not have a phone number on their website.

garnuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
Does anyone know if this company is still open for orders? Has anyone ordered anything from them lately? They do not have a phone number on their website.
I just received a order from them last week.

Their website has no phone number but a contact page. They have been very responsive to my email questions.

https://typerleds.com/contact/

BIGBLUESI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Ok.maybe they are out on the west coast are 3hrs behind since I am on the east coast....

Frackz

First Name
Snoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2018 Audi RS3
Country flag
Hi there,

I emailed through your web page as you instructed but nobody has gotten back to me. Can you please have someone reach out to me.

Because its almost march the first and this has not been resolved I have started a paypal claim as that was my end date to do so.

Hope to hear back from you soon thanks.

BIGBLUESI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
same thing here,3 emails and not one reply. Not sure if they are on vacation but they took my money without hesitation!!! I also will be making a claim against them next week.

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

#1 Source for 10thgen LEDs
Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unfortunately our systems had a hiccup and we weren't getting any emails or orders.

But our payment systems were still taking payments.
We are catching up on all orders and contact forms that were being sent to us.

Sorry for any inconveniences! We will be pushing through the messages and orders.

Sorry again!

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
same thing here,3 emails and not one reply. Not sure if they are on vacation but they took my money without hesitation!!! I also will be making a claim against them next week.
Sorry for that! We have issued a cancellation and refund to your account as soon as we saw your message.

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Turn Signals are BACK IN STOCK! We are working on revamping the website! The goal is for a easy smooth navigation throughout the website and also improving/updating our photos!

Thanks again for everyone who's shown interested and continued to support us!

BIGBLUESI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Check you website,email sent...

BIGBLUESI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe