Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@TypeRLEDs After installing the dome light for civic si, at night, the light seem to stay on just a little bit when the switch is on Door mode. Is that normal?
Yes this is normal.

I appears to have small LEDs dimly on correct?
After about 20 mins it shuts off. It doesn't stay on.

This is caused by the current in the dome. Not to worry this is normal and won't drain your battery.
Sponsored

Last edited:

chaosnyx

Honeycomb
First Name
chaosnyx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Yes this is normal.

I appears to have small LEDs dimly on correct?
After about 20 mins it shuts off. It doesn't stay in at night.

This is caused by the current in the dome. Not to worry this is normal and won't drain your battery.
Thank you, good to hear. Loving these LED so far.

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

#1 Source for 10thgen LEDs
Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you, good to hear. Loving these LED so far.
Thank you! I'm glad to hear! Do you have any pictures to share?

Thanks again!

ActiveArch

First Name
Nubar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I received my lights today, installed the front driver and passenger side and dome lights, love the results, super bright. The one thing that made me feel a little weary was that the dome light seemed to have a slightly loose connection in its wiring, just a little movement of the wire seemed to make it turn off or flicker, thankfully I was able to get it to stay on and closed up the plastic cover, I'm hoping that any movement from daily driving won't trip it off. Nonetheless, the interior lights are working and indeed super bright.

The trunk light was a whole other story though, I looked up how to take apart the housing on youtube and that was easier than I anticipated. There aren't directions for the trunk light so I had to figure it out a bit, first I stuck a small thin rod into the trunk hatch mechanism to turn off the light, and pressing the exterior trunk handle just electronically removed it activating the light again. I realized I had to do that in order to pull the bulb out without burning my finger and just as a safety measure, don't want the power on when changing bulbs. So, turned off the light, pulled out the oem bulb, plugged in the new super bright LED (paid the extra $4 for it), turned on the light, and it immediately just smoked up and seems to have burned the fuse or burned up the housing connections because putting back the oem bulb also didn't work afterward.

Pretty upset with the trunk LED, a plug and play situation has now turned into a trip to the dealer, guess I'll just have to tell them that my trunk light stopped working, not sure if I should give them all the details.

Not sure what I'll do with the trunk lighting after I get it repaired at the dealer. The super bright one has slightly rounded edges past the contacts which made it seem to not fit properly into the trunk housing so I'll either try to exchange that single light from typeRleds with the regular one or just get a different one altogether.

Anyway, beware, either don't get the trunk super bright option LED or wait to see if there's a solution or fix for it. I'll update with what I end up doing. Pics below of some before and after of the interior lights and the trunk LED that smoked up :(. Tomorrow I'll be installing the reverse LEDs, from the looks of it people are pretty happy with those and haven't come across any issues on this thread.

UPDATE: Turned out it was a burned fuse as the interior front and rear dome lights also weren’t working anymore. Changed the fuse and it all started working again, trunks working as well, turns out I didn’t need to make a trip to the dealer after all, thank goodness. I found out our fuse box lids have a handy little tool and extra fuses inside it!

UPDATE: TypeRleds was very helpful. I got an email response immediately and discussed the issue, seems to have been some metal flaps on the housing that made contact with the led circuit board causing it to burn out. I appreciated his concern for my own experience as well as for others who might purchase this kit in the future. He also mentioned there will be a DYI guide coming soon for the trunk led specifically, so dont hesitate to buy the kit!

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R and 10th Gen Civic Interior LEDs IMG_2990.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R and 10th Gen Civic Interior LEDs IMG_2991.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R and 10th Gen Civic Interior LEDs IMG_2992.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R and 10th Gen Civic Interior LEDs IMG_2994.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R and 10th Gen Civic Interior LEDs IMG_3002.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I received my lights today, installed the front driver and passenger side and dome lights, love the results, super bright. The one thing that made me feel a little weary was that the dome light seemed to have a slightly loose connection in its wiring, just a little movement of the wire seemed to make it turn off or flicker, thankfully I was able to get it to stay on and closed up the plastic cover, I'm hoping that any movement from daily driving won't trip it off. Nonetheless, the interior lights are working and indeed super bright.

The trunk light was a whole other story though, I looked up how to take apart the housing on youtube and that was easier than I anticipated. There aren't directions for the trunk light so I had to figure it out a bit, first I stuck a small thin rod into the trunk hatch mechanism to turn off the light, and pressing the exterior trunk handle just electronically removed it activating the light again. I realized I had to do that in order to pull the bulb out without burning my finger and just as a safety measure, don't want the power on when changing bulbs. So, turned off the light, pulled out the oem bulb, plugged in the new super bright LED (paid the extra $4 for it), turned on the light, and it immediately just smoked up and seems to have burned the fuse or burned up the housing connections because putting back the oem bulb also didn't work afterward.

Pretty upset with the trunk LED, a plug and play situation has now turned into a trip to the dealer, guess I'll just have to tell them that my trunk light stopped working, not sure if I should give them all the details.

Not sure what I'll do with the trunk lighting after I get it repaired at the dealer. The super bright one has slightly rounded edges past the contacts which made it seem to not fit properly into the trunk housing so I'll either try to exchange that single light from typeRleds with the regular one or just get a different one altogether.

Anyway, beware, either don't get the trunk super bright option LED or wait to see if there's a solution or fix for it. I'll update with what I end up doing. Pics below of some before and after of the interior lights and the trunk LED that smoked up :(. Tomorrow I'll be installing the reverse LEDs, from the looks of it people are pretty happy with those and haven't come across any issues on this thread.

IMG_2990.JPG

IMG_2991.JPG

IMG_2992.JPG

IMG_2994.JPG

IMG_3002.JPG
Thank you for contacting me .

This had never happened with my LEDs before. I'll be taking a look into this matter to find out what had happened to have caused this .

And take preventative measures to assure everyone's safety.

You also emailed me so we will be in contact on there.
. Thanks again. I'm glad you brought this to my attention.
And hope we can work on a solution .

Last edited:

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After Communicating with @ActiveArch. Thanks for providing pictures and the procedures you took during installation.

It appears the gold housing of the trunk LED made contact with one of the metal plates on the LED chip. This caused a short on the LED and also blew the fuse for the interior lights. Fuse was replaced and everything is working again.

A refund for the Trunk LED will be issued and a replacement will be sent to @ActiveArch.

I'll note that during installation please be careful. Always have the lights in the off position and if installing into the trunk location please either unplug the housing or do it with the trunk closed. Make sure that the LED chip only makes contact on the end of polarity. The Upgraded Trunk LED is big compared to stock, when installing, do not plug it in all the way. It does not need to be.

I'm glad it was a fuse and nothing more.

I will add this detail to the installation process of the trunk led.

Thanks!

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Huh? Simple trunk bulb ain’t going to burn anything. That’s what fuses are for. Next time check fuse first and simply replace. Glad things got resolved but so simple.

ActiveArch

First Name
Nubar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Huh? Simple trunk bulb ain’t going to burn anything. That’s what fuses are for. Next time check fuse first and simply replace. Glad things got resolved but so simple.
Lol as I came to find out, your absolutely right, however I had never done any electrical mods that did that before, believe it or not it was my first time in a fuse box and I’m sure there’s others who can relate, hopefully my experience helps some others.

Dassem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Type R and 10th Gen Civic Interior LEDs C8CFB1FB-5BFB-44DC-858B-F50D0518DA4D Honda Civic 10th gen Type R and 10th Gen Civic Interior LEDs 556E0F7A-13F0-4D96-A2A8-648DEE07FFBE Recently installed these lights and really impressed with it. The interior lights are so much better, and I opted for the extra bright reverse lights. I tested them out this weekend up in cottage country and backing into. Parking spot with no exterior lights was a breeze. Wish I took a picture of the reverse lights in action.

Here are a few interior light pics

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On the site, I notice that the brake lights aren't included in the 10th gen section. Are the brake lights just for the Type R?
The Brake LEDs also fit the 10th Gen Sedans and Hatchbacks.

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
C8CFB1FB-5BFB-44DC-858B-F50D0518DA4D.jpeg 556E0F7A-13F0-4D96-A2A8-648DEE07FFBE.jpeg Recently installed these lights and really impressed with it. The interior lights are so much better, and I opted for the extra bright reverse lights. I tested them out this weekend up in cottage country and backing into. Parking spot with no exterior lights was a breeze. Wish I took a picture of the reverse lights in action.

Here are a few interior light pics
Thank you for the photos! Looks great! I'm glad you like them!

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New Vanity Mirror LEDs.
Its live. https://typerleds.com/typer/white-vanitiy-mirror-leds
these are new and improved. Brighter but not blinding. And a better quality build.
$8.50 for a pair. VISA and Paypal via My website.
Thanks for your patience.
Also for those who ordered brake/turnsignals/reverse LED X.
Currently QC on inventory. I will update once everything is cleared and ready to go.

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R and 10th Gen Civic Interior LEDs IMG_20180619_010440

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update! All preorders and Current orders will be shipped out Wednesday 6.27.18

Thank you for all your patience!

RamoSi

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2006 Pontiac G6 GT
Do the reverse lights and turn signals work for the coupe ?

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not at the moment. We are currently working out a fitment with a local coupe owner.

Will offering for coupes in the future.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.