Status
Not open for further replies.

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Note: If you plan to use a LED light for the glovebox, then review this post from another member on how to access it (it’s the first diagram after the line “The Process”).

Civic 10th Gen Glovebox Light Access: https://www.civicx.com/threads/diy-retrofit-2019-model-glove-box-light-into-2016-2018-model.35733/

Another post from a member showing what the panel looks like with the light module:
https://www.civicx.com/threads/glove-box-mods.29843/page-3#post-518741

It is easy to do, and takes no more than 10-15 minutes. You do not need to remove the entire panel, so as you are slowly getting access to the housing, you can decide how much space you need to access and change the bulb.

From recollection of my installation, there was nothing odd or unique about the removal of the panels. As always, take your time familiarizing yourself with the layout of the tabs and screws, and don’t Hulk stuff off. Again, a very straightforward process that requires basic tools.

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R and 10th Gen Civic Interior LEDs 2SsM2Yl
Sponsored

Last edited:

SlasherX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 11 Honda Civic Si *Mugen*
Country flag
Note: If you plan to use a LED light for the glovebox, then review this post from another member on how to access it (it’s the first diagram after the line “The Process”).

Civic 10th Gen Glovebox Light Access: https://www.civicx.com/threads/diy-retrofit-2019-model-glove-box-light-into-2016-2018-model.35733/

Another post from a member showing what the panel looks like with the light module:
https://www.civicx.com/threads/glove-box-mods.29843/page-3#post-518741

It is easy to do, and takes no more than 10-15 minutes. You do not need to remove the entire panel, so as you are slowly getting access to the housing, you can decide how much space you need to access and change the bulb.

From recollection of my installation, there was nothing odd or unique about the removal of the panels. As always, take your time familiarizing yourself with the layout of the tabs and screws, and don’t Hulk stuff off. Again, a very straightforward process that requires basic tools.

2SsM2Yl.jpg
****IF YOU HAVE A 2019 HONDA CIVIC TYPE R THAT ALREADY COMES WITH A LIGHT IN THE GLOVE BOX****

So to be able to access the bulb you have to take out the glove box then take out the 4 self screws AND 2 bolts at the bottom to take the black piece off?

Then you will have access to the bulb?

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
****IF YOU HAVE A 2019 HONDA CIVIC TYPE R THAT ALREADY COMES WITH A LIGHT IN THE GLOVE BOX****

So to be able to access the bulb you have to take out the glove box then take out the 4 self screws AND 2 bolts at the bottom to take the black piece off?

Then you will have access to the bulb?
Correct - I initially tried to remove the incandescent bulb, but I could not remove it due to the configuration of the assembly.

Note: Don’t remove the entire upper panel. You simply need to pry from the paneling tabs from the left and work your way to the right side a little more than 1/2 way to access that block assembly. It is held with 2 tap screws. Simply unscrew them, access the assembly, pull the original bulb out, and replace it with the LED.

Here is the bulb from the glovebox:
Honda Civic 10th gen Type R and 10th Gen Civic Interior LEDs RYQJjmU

Last edited:

SlasherX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Correct - I initially tried to remove the incandescent bulb, but I could not remove it due to the configuration of the assembly.

Note: Don’t remove the entire upper panel. You simply need to pry from the paneling tabs from the left and work your way to the right side a little more than 1/2 way to access that block assembly. It is held with 2 tap screws. Simply unscrew them, access the assembly, pull the original bulb out, and replace it with the LED.

Here is the bulb from the glovebox:
RYQJjmU.jpg
What LED did you replace your glove box with?? Link? Do you have any pictures of your glove box with the LED installed? :)

Thank You For the Reply!

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
What LED did you replace your glove box with?? Link? Do you have any pictures of your glove box with the LED installed? :)

Thank You For the Reply!

Thank You For the Reply!
Here is the best picture I could get of the LED while holding the on/off switch closed with one hand, and focusing and snapping the picture on my phone with my other hand hahaha:

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R and 10th Gen Civic Interior LEDs G1G5fpL

As you can see, it is definitely tucked in there, which makes removal without accessing the assembly nearly impossible.

SlasherX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here is the best picture I could get of the LED while holding the on/off switch closed with one hand, and focusing and snapping the picture on my phone with my other hand hahaha:

G1G5fpL.jpg

As you can see, it is definitely tucked in there, which makes removal without accessing the assembly nearly impossible.
Here is how to install the glove box LED light! Thanks blitz!

Res0zsfa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona N, CTR, G35 (sold), 01 s2k, 370z (sold)
Country flag
Any upcoming 4th of July deals?

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My LasFit reverse lights are nowhere near as bright as these unless I installed them I wrong which I shouldn’t have. But I may just need to clean the rear camera lens ??‍♀

JDMsway1994!

First Name
Josue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Ex
Country flag
I ordered the led front turn signals with the vanity mirror leds. I plan to order the rear led turn signals. Do you guys offer resistors to prevent hyperflash?. I didn't see any on your website.

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

#1 Source for 10thgen LEDs
Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bump bump. Check us out we have sidemarkers in stock and ready to ship!

www.TypeRLEDs.com

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

#1 Source for 10thgen LEDs
Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Videos and photo ?

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R and 10th Gen Civic Interior LEDs received_629319924563053
Sponsored

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.