Two tickets while my car was parked in front of my house

Launcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback (EX)
Country flag
Okay so today when I was going out to work I noticed I had a piece of paper on my windshield wiper. And saw that while I was asleep I got a ticket ... I got my ‘18 hatchback last year and so do I see I have my registration good till March of 2020 I haven’t updated the stickers so it says 3/19 either I never received the stickers or they got lost since I don’t always get to check the mail ... anyone know what I can do ... again I have the registration certificate that says I’m good till 3/20 just don’t have the stickers Can I fight any of this tickets or I have to pay them ?

Honda Civic 10th gen Two tickets while my car was parked in front of my house B12D8C0F-20CC-4C0E-BF92-D524CB16A169

Honda Civic 10th gen Two tickets while my car was parked in front of my house 6957BE45-45FE-4BAF-B839-E2078A80903F

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
Seems like they should have been able to run yoir platesntp confirm if registration was current

Leveslady

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2018, Honda Type R 2021
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Okay so today when I was going out to work I noticed I had a piece of paper on my windshield wiper. And saw that while I was asleep I got a ticket ... I got my ‘18 hatchback last year and so do I see I have my registration good till March of 2020 I haven’t updated the stickers so it says 3/19 either I never received the stickers or they got lost since I don’t always get to check the mail ... anyone know what I can do ... again I have the registration certificate that says I’m good till 3/20 just don’t have the stickers Can I fight any of this tickets or I have to pay them ?

B12D8C0F-20CC-4C0E-BF92-D524CB16A169.jpeg

6957BE45-45FE-4BAF-B839-E2078A80903F.jpeg

Good ol’ PG county. Don’t they have real criminals to deal with? Smh

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Well its now Sept. You got the new registration in March, 6 months ago, and during all that time, you made no effort to find/get the correct stickers actually put on your car.

If you got the new registration, that would have come with the stickers.
It seems you did not bother to attach them to your car. and now you have lost them .. or whatever.. The point is, they are not currently being displayed on your car.

You are required to display CURRENT stickers, if your car is on the road.

So, they legitimately have you for failing to display stickers, which you failed to do, but not for not getting your car registered.

Having a car on the road with expired stickers is like waving a red flag at a bull -- you are asking for trouble, sooner if not later,

Unfortunately, it is probably going to take you longer to get it all sorted out now, than if you had taken the lesser trouble of just requesting replacement stickers, for the ones you may have "lost"

But I think you already know this .;)

Of course, you MAY have attached the 2020 YEAR sticker over the top of the old 2019 year, and it did not stick well, and washed off , and you did not notice it -- Blame the defective sticker !!! :dunno:

Last edited:

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's just wrong.

Honda Civic 10th gen Two tickets while my car was parked in front of my house IMG_0936.JPG

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
Well its now Sept. You got the new registration in March, 6 months ago, and during all that time, you made no effort to find/get the correct stickers actually put on your car.

It seems you did not bother to attach them to your car. and now you have lost them .. or whatever.. The point is, they are not currently being displayed on your car.

So, they legitimately have you for failing to display stickers, which you failed to do, but not for not getting your car registered.

Having a car on the road with expired stickers is like waving a red flag at a bull -- you are asking for trouble, sooner if not later,

Unfortunately, it is probably going to take you longer to get it all sorted out now, than if you had taken the lesser trouble of just requesting replacement stickers, for the ones you may have "lost"

Of course, you MAY have attached the 2020 YEAR sticker over the top of the old 2019 year, and it did not stick well, and washed off , and you did not notice it -- Blame the defective sticker !!! :dunno:

Holyier

Holier than thou are we?

OP
OP
Launcher

Launcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

I mean I got the car brand new last year my first car purchase etc ... the old car I traded in the tags were gonna expire on 3/19 but since I got my new car it came with that two year registration .. all I received from the dealership was the certificate idk if I was suppose to get the stickers by mail or whatever sure I may have not noticed or you could say I was careless about it .. all in all is since I already have the certificate that shows I have my registration good till 3/20 should I bother fighting the first ticket the second one I’m sure I have to pay since obviously I failed to physically put that 20 sticker on my car.. one I didn’t receive it from the dealership (if I was supposed to ) nor did I ever see any mail or notice any mail .. only thing I did notice come in the mail was that copy of the tittle .

OP
OP
Launcher

Launcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Seems like they should have been able to run yoir platesntp confirm if registration was current

I was thinking the same since I’ve had sooooo many police be behind my car and never was stopped...

OP
OP
Launcher

Launcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good ol’ PG county. Don’t they have real criminals to deal with? Smh

I think this person sniped me or had been keeping an eye on my car for atleast 2 days since I’ve parked in the same spot ... that man was prob like “ohhhh I’ve been waiting my entire life for this moment ”. ever since taking my car out the garage it’s just bad luck.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I'll tell you what to do, although I'm not a lawyer and I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express recently, certainly not last night.

I would dispute this ticket on both counts.

You were given this ticket on the basis of the two codes below. The first refers specifically to unregistered vehicles, so it should not apply, because your car was registered, only did not have valid decals. Besides, why is the penalty for parked unregistered vehicle $60, and you were fined $100 for only lack of decals? Unless there is some additional catch.....which I don't see in the very recent version of the code.

The second code qualifies your car as abandoned vehicle because it was allegedly parked for more than 48 hours AND is not displaying currently valid registration plates. So it depends on whether you were sitting there indeed for 48 hours AND the plates without current stickers can be actually interpreted as not currently valid.

Sec. 26-127.01. - Parking of unregistered motor vehicles or unregistered trailers.
(b) No person shall park any unregistered motor vehicle or unregistered trailer upon the highways, roads, streets, or other public property in the County at any time.

Any person issued a citation for violation of this Section shall be subject to a fine of Sixty Dollars ($60.00) for each violation.

(CB-51-1978; CB-111-1979; CB-14-1985; CB-20-1999; CB-39-2011)

Sec. 26-162. - Abandoned vehicles prohibited.
(a) No person shall leave any abandoned vehicle at any place within the County and no owner, lessee, or custodian in charge of any lot, field, road, street, lane, or other property shall permit any abandoned vehicle to remain on such property within the County.
(b) Abandoned vehicle means any motor vehicle, trailer, or semitrailer:

blah blah blah....

(3)/(4) That has remained on public/private property for more than forty-eight (48) hours; and

(A)/(B) Is not displaying currently valid registration plates; and/or

blah blah
(d) Any person issued a citation for a violation of this Section shall be subject to a fine of Fifty Dollars ($50.00) for each violation.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
SCOPESYS said:

SCOPESYS said:

SCOPESYS said:

Holier than thou are we?
WOW !! Got quoted THREE times (with the same quote) in one post .. Is this a Record ?

No I am not "Holyier" ? or "Holier than thou are we?" -- just a little OVER QUOTED !!! - but I promise I won't let it go to my head.

Last edited:

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Looks like:

1) You need stickers.
2) I think you owe some money.

" I lost them or didn't get them cause I don't check my mail".. This is an "adulting" fail. Become more aware of what you are responsible for and less reliant on others for your success (yes, I typed that on my Scopesys keyboard ;) )

You can try and fight the tickets, but remarks on both tickets show the additional information as to why you were ticketed. The computer only has so many choices. The cop chose the closest and made it more accurate using the remarks area.
Sponsored