Two quick questions regarding financing and paint on the civic.

Goseki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Touring
Country flag
I was wondering, how long should it take before Honda Financing contacts me to set up an account.

Also, I had a 2003 Civic that had terrible paint degradation of the roof and ended up looking horrible. Since the 10th gen has been out for a few years now, is this still an issue with the Civic?

Thanks!
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You should already have a HFS account number on your sales agreement paperwork if you've left with the car

Last edited:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also, I had a 2003 Civic that had terrible paint degradation of the roof and ended up looking horrible. Since the 10th gen has been out for a few years now, is this still an issue with the Civic?
The 8th gen Civics were no better than yours. There was a class action lawsuit that had a slew of them get repainted. My 9th gen Civic didn't have clear coat issues while I had it, but the paint was very thin, like many other cars today, and required constant touch ups. My 10th gen also is requiring frequent touchups at not even a year old. Only time will tell concerning the clear coat failure. I haven't seen only '16s looking bad yet. One of my buddies had an early 8th gen that's clear coat was shot by around 2013-2014... which is when he got the free repaint. My Odyssey is a '14 4th gen bought new and it's clear coat is looking flat in places on the hood from the methanol in the windshield washer fluid and has had a *lot* of touchups. I think that one will have issues going into the next decade.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
... Well... what if there's nothing on there...
It's not stated explicitly, at least it wasn't on my paperwork. It's the barcode on the top. If you can't find it, you have to call HFS. I doubt they're going to call you. Did you set up pre-authroized debits for your payments at the dealer?

OP
OP
Goseki

Goseki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Touring
Country flag
The 8th gen Civics were no better than yours. There was a class action lawsuit that had a slew of them get repainted. My 9th gen Civic didn't have clear coat issues while I had it, but the paint was very thin, like many other cars today, and required constant touch ups. My 10th gen also is requiring frequent touchups at not even a year old. Only time will tell concerning the clear coat failure. I haven't seen only '16s looking bad yet. One of my buddies had an early 8th gen that's clear coat was shot by around 2013-2014... which is when he got the free repaint. My Odyssey is a '14 4th gen bought new and it's clear coat is looking flat in places on the hood from the methanol in the windshield washer fluid and has had a *lot* of touchups. I think that one will have issues going into the next decade.
Darns. Good to know though.

It's not stated explicitly, at least it wasn't on my paperwork. It's the barcode on the top. If you can't find it, you have to call HFS. I doubt they're going to call you. Did you set up pre-authroized debits for your payments at the dealer?
Hmm, yea didn't set up payments or anything. The dealer sucked. Gonna have to keep calling HFS until the account shows up.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hmm, yea didn't set up payments or anything. The dealer sucked. Gonna have to keep calling HFS until the account shows up.
Oh, that's strange. I wouldn't have thought they'd let you leave without financing and payments all squared away. I guess that's all you can do.

Honda Hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I was wondering, how long should it take before Honda Financing contacts me to set up an account.

Thanks!
For what it's worth, I purchased my Civic in mid July and was told that my first payment would be end of August. Honda financial sent me a letter with account details in early August.

Scott_ATL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic HB Sport Touring, 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
It took about 7-10 business days for my HFS paperwork (essentially, the first bill) to show up. I even commented to my spouse the Honda Privacy Notice showed up first, about 2-3 business days after taking delivery.

TheRealWizzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe / 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Country flag

Thanks!
For what its worth ive had my Si for about a year now granted its only seen 5,000 miles but i havent needed to touch up anything and my paint still looks amazing. Its mostly in how you care for it. My car id washed once a week and recently got a ceramic coating, before that i was using paint sealent to protect from the sun. Also try not to ride right behind people to avoid rock chips. Its funny I drive totally in the civic vs. my grand prix

redstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T, 2019 CR-V EX-L
Country flag

Thanks!
Your first payment is usually due 45 days from the day of the sale. You should get it soon in the mail. You can make an account at www.hondafinancialservices.com without the account number though. You need the VIN, zip code, and the last four of your SS#.
Sponsored