Turn signal led bulbs?

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I want to change front and rear turn signal bulbs to avoid the orange reflection, which makes the car look cheap to me. The bulbs should be T20 21W. I would like to use LED bulbs if possible, the other option would be chrome bulbs but they are expensive and hard to find here. Anyone tried LEDs yet? Some cars will give an error or mess up the blinking.

Honda Civic 10th gen Turn signal led bulbs? front

Honda Civic 10th gen Turn signal led bulbs? rear

Last edited:

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
LEDs will not give you errors, but they will hyperflash. You'll need to splice in resistors, or find bulbs that have built in resistors.

Without meaning any offence, most of the people here buy the bulbs from your country :p you should have no problem finding them.

OP
OP
CivicChina

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
LEDs will not give you errors, but they will hyperflash. You'll need to splice in resistors, or find bulbs that have built in resistors.

Without meaning any offence, most of the people here buy the bulbs from your country :p you should have no problem finding them.
Thanks for the answer, it is what i suspected. I will check the LEDs with built in resistors because I don't like wires and stuff hanging around or again look for the chrome old school bulbs.
China is not my country, I am a foreigner here so no offence anyway, but actually even if is true that most car accessories are made here, many products are only sold for export and not easily available on the market or sold at crazy high prices!

bhead9318

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Ram 1500, 1975 Corvette.
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the answer, it is what i suspected. I will check the LEDs with built in resistors because I don't like wires and stuff hanging around or again look for the chrome old school bulbs.
China is not my country, I am a foreigner here so no offence anyway, but actually even if is true that most car accessories are made here, many products are only sold for export and not easily available on the market or sold at crazy high prices!
If you go top the journal part of the forum and go to the Project Blackout thread I have, there is a picture of the blinkers I used and how I put them in and got no hyperflash. Pure plug and play from iJDMToy.com. Page 6 of my Journal. Good luck!

saminder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
I installed these LED rear turn signals, they come with an in-line decoder/resistor that you twist-tie or tape to the inside of the taillight enclosure.

https://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-No-Hyper-Flash-Modification/dp/B00MJ7S1T4/

Another link:
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Error-Free-CREE-High-Power-7440-LED-Bulbs-p/20-009.htm
Does it come with some extra wiring (extra resistor or decoder)? I was under the impression that the bulb has inbuilt resistor. Please advise

OP
OP
CivicChina

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for all the suggestions!
looking around the internet I found many bmw owners who just painted the bulbs with silver spray can. I want to try the DIY cheap option first, so i bought a high temperature silver paint for the equivalent of 3$ and I'm curious to see how they come out. I will buy new bulbs if the result is not good enough which is very likely to be the case

bhead9318

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Does it come with some extra wiring (extra resistor or decoder)? I was under the impression that the bulb has inbuilt resistor. Please advise
This image was taken from an Amazon review, but they include small boxes that you connect the bulb harness to which then feed directly into their custom bulb harness.

Honda Civic 10th gen Turn signal led bulbs? 81jU4uzITHL._SL1600_

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I also have the iJDMtoy led blinkers 7440 built in resistors plug and play. I really like them. Here's how I placed the box resistor, right beside the new socket. It fit right into that space, wedged in securely.

Honda Civic 10th gen Turn signal led bulbs? ima Honda Civic 10th gen Turn signal led bulbs? ima Honda Civic 10th gen Turn signal led bulbs? ima

Here it is in action:

Last edited:

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Here's my video on them too if you would like another look at them. They will work for the front too, however I cannot comment on how they would install at the front since I have the stock LED turn signals you get with the Touring Model. The same ones that @Dretlaw has installed.

I've had mine installed for over 3 months and they still work flawlessly. The decoder never gets hot (I check on them monthly), and they are still as bright as Day 1.

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Here's my video on them too if you would like another look at them. They will work for the front too, however I cannot comment on how they would install at the front since I have the stock LED turn signals you get with the Touring Model. The same ones that @Dretlaw has installed.

I've had mine installed for over 3 months and they still work flawlessly. The decoder never gets hot (I check on them monthly), and they are still as bright as Day 1.
Thanks to your video @AegeanT you actually sold me on these brand and blinkers. Thankx agagin buddy. Very simple install.

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks to your video @AegeanT you actually sold me on these brand and blinkers. Thankx agagin buddy. Very simple install.
No worries at all! It only took me 10 minutes from start to finish. The hardest part is taking the tail lights off if you don't know how to do it right off the bat.

saminder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Fantastic. Is there enough room to put in the extra wires? Does the led bulbs fit properly, hopefully these have good sealing else it may fog during rain or when water goes inside.

Did you hold the resistor assembly to see if it heats up or not. If it does how hot does it get?

The flashing is good during the night but during the day it is not extra bright which I expected but i think it is still appreciable.

I placed the order and cancelled it right away when i learnt that it comes with extra set of wires for the resistor assembly. According to their website, i was under the impression that the resistors are built in the bulb which is not the case

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fantastic. Is there enough room to put in the extra wires? Does the led bulbs fit properly, hopefully these have good sealing else it may fog during rain or when water goes inside.

Did you hold the resistor assembly to see if it heats up or not. If it does how hot does it get?

The flashing is good during the night but during the day it is not extra bright which I expected but i think it is still appreciable.

I placed the order and cancelled it right away when i learnt that it comes with extra set of wires for the resistor assembly. According to their website, i was under the impression that the resistors are built in the bulb which is not the case
1) Yes, they fit perfectly behind the assembly. There is a small space where the resistor can fit snug without moving around. As for water entering the lamp itself, it is sealed off really well. I've had torrential downpours where I am with severe winds and humidity, and not a drop of condensation or fog entered into the housing.

2) I held it while the hazards and turn signals were on, and it only gets warm to the touch. It never gets hot or dangerously hot.

3) From an angle, the lights may not seem as bright in day light, but trust me, when driving, they are perfectly visible and bright to other drivers unless of course they're at a very wide angle of 150-180 degrees. I find that the same with the stock Amber bulbs so honestly it isn't much different. At night time, they're super bright. I light up signs behind me that are almost 150 meters away from me.

4) If the resistors were built into the bulbs, you would probably risk it not fitting, and you'd be more likely to have overheating issues with the bulb I think.

Honestly, it's cheap so if it's something you want to do, go for it!

saminder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
1) Yes, they fit perfectly behind the assembly. There is a small space where the resistor can fit snug without moving around. As for water entering the lamp itself, it is sealed off really well. I've had torrential downpours where I am with severe winds and humidity, and not a drop of condensation or fog entered into the housing.

2) I held it while the hazards and turn signals were on, and it only gets warm to the touch. It never gets hot or dangerously hot.

3) From an angle, the lights may not seem as bright in day light, but trust me, when driving, they are perfectly visible and bright to other drivers unless of course they're at a very wide angle of 150-180 degrees. I find that the same with the stock Amber bulbs so honestly it isn't much different. At night time, they're super bright. I light up signs behind me that are almost 150 meters away from me.

4) If the resistors were built into the bulbs, you would probably risk it not fitting, and you'd be more likely to have overheating issues with the bulb I think.

Honestly, it's cheap so if it's something you want to do, go for it!
Thanks! I will reconsider my decision :)
Sponsored