Turn engine off but keep radio on?

conbrio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback 6MT SGP sport touring
Country flag
Is there a way to leave the radio on when shutting the engine off? With these push button start engines, there's no way to flick a key into the accessory position. Right now, one has to shut everything off, then push the start button to get into accessory mode.
Sponsored

OP
OP
conbrio

conbrio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback 6MT SGP sport touring
Country flag
I forgot to specify that I'm wondering about this for a manual transmission.

cwinn414

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Coupe
Is there a way to leave the radio on when shutting the engine off? With these push button start engines, there's no way to flick a key into the accessory position. Right now, one has to shut everything off, then push the start button to get into accessory mode.
Yep,
Turn the car off, then, like your clicking a mouse button, double click the "engine start" button. This puts the vehicle in accessory mode..

unr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L15B7
Country flag
If you press and hold the gear shift button and then press the start button, the engine will turn off but leave the radio on.

Streetkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura integra
Country flag
Yep,
Turn the car off, then, like your clicking a mouse button, double click the "engine start" button. This puts the vehicle in accessory mode..
So then 3 clicks? Does it turn off for a second and then back on - meaning i would lose my bluetooth phone call?

If you press and hold the gear shift button and then press the start button, the engine will turn off but leave the radio on.
I tried this once but as soon as I let go of the gear shift button the radio turned off - i'll have to try it again..

thebigfantastic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda CR-V
For automatic, leave car in any gear position besides park, press engine start/stop button, radio will stay on until you shift to park. For manual, you are SOL unless you're willing to stall out the engine by letting the clutch out in gear...

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is not possible with the manual. It is listed in the owners manual. It shows the progression of the button press for the start stop button, for both auto and manual transmissions.
Honda Civic 10th gen Turn engine off but keep radio on? tmp_19717-Screenshot_2017-05-28-00-13-36-492590995
Sponsored