Turn By Turn navigation Odometer

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
If I hit the information button it goes away temporarily but comes back up the next time I am nearing a turn.
(I had forgotten what that button was called)

If you select a different piece of information to display, like the gas mileage or boost gauge, does the AA nav arrow still reappear?
Sponsored

wq5w

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T
Yes, it appears no matter which one I choose (gas mileage, maintenance, audio etc.).

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Why would you want to turn it off? It's much easier/better to look at the gauge cluster than looking over to the screen where the direction arrow is further away, and smaller.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My 2017 EX-T coupe didn't have this, I thought it was new on the 18 when I got it.

Quicksand_Jesus

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Why would you want to turn it off? It's much easier/better to look at the gauge cluster than looking over to the screen where the direction arrow is further away, and smaller.

It might almost make sense if you didn't already have another screen showing you directions. I want to see my MPG gauge on the other screen.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I've never seen this work on my '18 EX Sedan when i'm navigating with Google Maps on CarPlay. Is it only a thing for Android Auto?

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I've never seen this work on my '18 EX Sedan when i'm navigating with Google Maps on CarPlay. Is it only a thing for Android Auto?
I think so. CarPlay sends out the data to do it, too, but it's up to the automaker to write the hooks to display it in the instrument cluster.

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
It might almost make sense if you didn't already have another screen showing you directions. I want to see my MPG gauge on the other screen.
The arrow only shows up in the cluster for a few seconds and then goes back to whatever it was set to display. I'm not sure how that's a problem, but to each their own.

wq5w

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T
The arrow only shows up in the cluster for a few seconds and then goes back to whatever it was set to display. I'm not sure how that's a problem, but to each their own.
I wish this was the case, but it is not. The arrow comes up at least a half mile to a mile before every turn and does not go away until after the turn is completed. When commuting back/forth to work in heavy city traffic where there are a lot of turns, this becomes quite annoying (in my case the turn arrow is on the screen at least 60-70% of the time during my commute). I use my dash screen for Google Maps (mainly to give me the best route to/from home based on traffic) and my cluster set to display the audio system as I control this from my steering wheel controls. I would prefer to see the audio system info in my cluster instead of a duplicative turn arrow.

Reactions: mjh

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
So, I don't have an answer as to how to turn it off. However, I have discovered that when the arrow displays in the cluster, pressing the info button clears it.

neaux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX
Country flag
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know if you update the firmware in your vehicle in 2016 EX and up models, the turn by turn direction option will be enabled. The update is 1.F197.00 and it will enable this feature on all 2016 civics with the DII and Android radio.
How do I get this update?

n9yty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Personally I LOVE This feature, and that is, amongst other things, one of the main reasons I can't see swapping this out for a different unit. And, while I haven't done it/tested it, from what I have read the Honda Hack allows you to now install Google Maps and/or Waze on the headunit, probably pairing to your phone via WiFi hotspot, but they have managed to hook in somehow to send this data to the driver information area. :)

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R, 2023 Indian Sport Chief
Country flag
I can't stand the feature in my 2018 Si. I use Waze, glance at the screen on occasion to see what I need. Half the time the "helpful" display on the tach screen doesn't even point in the correct direction, or marks a turn as a destination. I'd love to be able to shut it off instead of having to tap the info button repeatedly.
Sponsored