Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Hey Chief 08, I'm having a hard time finding information about making this work in my new Si, do you mind telling me how to go about getting it set up?
Are you using Android auto? All I did was plug in my phone and use the google map nav function and it worked, I didn't have to do anything else. I'll try it again tomorrow to see if it still works.
Sponsored

J.Hall Si

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Are you using Android auto? All I did was plug in my phone and use the google map nav function and it worked, I didn't have to do anything else. I'll try it again tomorrow to see if it still works.
That might be the problem, I'm using apple car play...I wonder if anyone else has had any success with this using IOS....

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I just tried it again this morning and it worked, seems weird that it would only work for Android.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
That might be the problem, I'm using apple car play...I wonder if anyone else has had any success with this using IOS....
Not me, and not yet. Maybe iOS 11 will add it, but I can't say because I'm not using the beta (I refuse to use beta software on a daily-use personal device).

J.Hall Si

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I just tried it again this morning and it worked, seems weird that it would only work for Android.
Thanks for checking, I'm sure it's an Apple vs. Android issue,, and thanks BarracksSi for chiming in too, I guess I'll just have to wait for Apple to catch up.

Phylanx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 CRV, '17 Si Sedan
Country flag
Yup, works fine on my Si with using Android Auto. Doesn't matter if it's Waze or Google Maps. Wish it displayed the street name, but I think that's only with Factory Nav.

ResortCasual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Not me, and not yet. Maybe iOS 11 will add it, but I can't say because I'm not using the beta (I refuse to use beta software on a daily-use personal device).
It does not on my 2016 Touring.

Have been running the beta for about a month and installed the GM build this morning.

I suspect this will require a firmware update from Honda to support.

er1c_b

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Yeah, it doesn't work on Car Play, only when using Android Auto with Google Maps.

MikeyMcFly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I'm running iOS 11 GM on my iPhone 7 and it does not show it. This makes me want to get an Android phone for Google Maps or Waze, haha

er1c_b

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I'm running iOS 11 GM on my iPhone 7 and it does not show it. This makes me want to get an Android phone for Google Maps or Waze, haha
That's what I ended up doing. Bought a prepaid Android phone and running a personal hotspot on the iPhone for Wi-Fi.

Abramumum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic sedan LX CVT
My 2016 Civic LX does not do this. The 2017 LX i remted did. Canadian versions. Though i don't think I've gone through the options since my firmware upgrade.. I shall have to check. It'd be nice.

sw686blue

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT; 2017 Civic LX
Country flag
This works for my 2017 LX when I am connected through Android Auto. Pretty cool feature.

daBiker68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX - Lunar Silver Metallic 2017 Subaru Forester - Quartz Blue Pearl
Country flag
I have an '18 LX, use Android Auto for navigation. When I linked my smartphone for the very first time, the system prompted me if I wished to turn on Turn-by-turn navigation on the instrument panel. I did so, so it now does it for me in conjunction with AA navigation. It's neat, but a little annoying when traveling a regular route. If you unlink your phone (not just disconnect it) and then relink, it might prompt you.

I'm going to try to turn it off in the morning from the Meyer settings someone mentioned earlier. If it does not work, I will try to unlink my phone instead.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
this works with the Garmin Nav and Android. Does not work yet with CarPlay

daBiker68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX - Lunar Silver Metallic 2017 Subaru Forester - Quartz Blue Pearl
Country flag
I have an '18 LX, use Android Auto for navigation. When I linked my smartphone for the very first time, the system prompted me if I wished to turn on Turn-by-turn navigation on the instrument panel. I did so, so it now does it for me in conjunction with AA navigation. It's neat, but a little annoying when traveling a regular route. If you unlink your phone (not just disconnect it) and then relink, it might prompt you.

I'm going to try to turn it off in the morning from the meter settings someone mentioned earlier. If it does not work, I will try to unlink my phone instead.
Well, I had no luck trying to turn off the setting by removing my phone from Android Auto, or changing it under meter settings. So, I did a factory reset. Then, when putting my phone back in for AA, it prompted me for the turn-by-turn navigation and I selected "No". Solved!

So, in other words, if someone is wanting to have this setting turned on, if all else fails a factory reset of data will probably provide the prompt. Not a huge deal for me, as I'll have fun resetting all of my features anyways ;-)

Brian.
Sponsored

Reactions: mjh