Turbo Whine replaced with low buzzing

TrentonSport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Good day all
Before posting this I tried to find a thread discussing the same issues ive been experiencing however I could not find any. Recently I had Safelite come out to replace my windshield, I noticed the technician had the hood open a good portion of the time but that is all I saw during his time working on my car. My problem began once he left and I decided to take the car out after the 2 hour wait period after the windshield was installed. Immediately I noticed a low buzzing or vibration anytime I put my foot on the throttle. When my foots comes off the throttle the sound goes away. I drive my Sport hatch 90 miles a day for 6 days a week. I know every sound that car makes or should make during a drive. This is something new that just appeared yesterday. Also I have noticed ZERO turbo whine or spooling since this other sound began. I have an OBD2 adapter with the Torque app for my boost guage since my car does not have a boost gauge on the dash. From what I can tell my car is still making boost but doesn't seem to be as much as normal. I know replacing a windshield should not have any relation to my turbo spooling but the two seemed to happen at the same time. I also have had windshield replaced before and now there is a settling in period but this only happens when my foot is on the throttle thats it. Not sure what to do at this point, maybe bring it in to the dealer but you know how they are. Any help or insight would be appreciated. Sorry for the long post and thanks everyone
Sponsored

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
I recently had a windshield replaced by Safelite. The windshield wipers and plastic panel under the wipers have to come off. The guy broke several panel clips which he, naturally, didn't replace, so now that panel sometimes rattles. He also didn't tighten the windshield wipers down fully so the wipers didn't work after a few minutes of operation the next time it rained. I'm happy with the quality of glass but not happy with the quality of workmanship at Safelite.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I recently had a windshield replaced by Safelite. The windshield wipers and plastic panel under the wipers have to come off. The guy broke several panel clips which he, naturally, didn't replace, so now that panel sometimes rattles. He also didn't tighten the windshield wipers down fully so the wipers didn't work after a few minutes of operation the next time it rained. I'm happy with the quality of glass but not happy with the quality of workmanship at Safelite.
Safelite has disappointment me multiple times. I've had better luck with local independent shops.

OP
OP
TrentonSport

TrentonSport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Safelite has disappointment me multiple times. I've had better luck with local independent shops.
I just have no idea what the tech could have done to cause an issue. Do they use any sort of liquid cleaner that could have gotten in the engine bay?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just have no idea what the tech could have done to cause an issue. Do they use any sort of liquid cleaner that could have gotten in the engine bay?
As much as I dislike Safelite I'd have to say that in my opinion it is unlikely anything they did would have caused your issue.

OP
OP
TrentonSport

TrentonSport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
As much as I dislike Safelite I'd have to say that in my opinion it is unlikely anything they did would have caused your issue.
The sound has actually disappeared for now so I'm at a loss for what it could have been, going in for an oil change this week and i will see if they notice anything different. Thanks for your help much appreciated.
Sponsored