Turbo sound

javi7t8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Trans Am, 2019 Sport Hatchback LSM
Country flag
i recently went from a 2016 ex-t sedan, got a 2019 sport turbo HB, i just wondering if anybody else has gone from a non-sport model, and noticed and louder suction sound from the turbo.
Sponsored

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
I have the Torque Solutions Blow off Plate and am enjoying the pppppppppppppppssssssssssssssssssstttttttttttttttttttttttttt under moderate to heavy acceleration every day. Boomba delivered some sort of bad mess that hast tainted the community to drink the cool aide ... vent to atmosphere is bad. I put mine on at 1,600 miles back in May of this year. Since I am not messing with stock spring rates and trying to pretend that metal is better than plastic ... it's no worries.

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
I have the Torque Solutions Blow off Plate and am enjoying the pppppppppppppppssssssssssssssssssstttttttttttttttttttttttttt under moderate to heavy acceleration every day. Boomba delivered some sort of bad mess that hast tainted the community to drink the cool aide ... vent to atmosphere is bad. I put mine on at 1,600 miles back in May of this year. Since I am not messing with stock spring rates and trying to pretend that metal is better than plastic ... it's no worries.
It's NOT "koolaid" its a measurable FACT, just because shit hasn't blown up in 6 months doesn't mean it's not bad longterm, look at smokers, they can smoke for decades before they get cancer or some shit, that doesn't mean the smoking wasn't hurting them the whole time. Venting to Atmosphere alters the air/fuel ratio and thats not something you want to fuck with without understanding what can happen as a result.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

:lol::bonk::thumbsdown:

Don't listen to this, kids. VTA kills.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i recently went from a 2016 ex-t sedan, got a 2019 sport turbo HB, i just wondering if anybody else has gone from a non-sport model, and noticed and louder suction sound from the turbo.
Could be an enhanced sound pipe from the air box or even digital enhancement. It's the same general engine.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
That top dude is me. Honestly this long after I forget exactly the claims I made but if you think about how the setup works: where the MAF sensor is, where the charged air is reintroduced into the system(post-MAF), that the ecu adds fuel based on MAF readings, etc it just makes sense that it isn't right to vent to atmosphere.

Disclaimer: I'm a bit of a ricer and would LOVE to have a loud ass BOV and some day will test out moving the MAF and trying a blow-through setup so I can VTA.

Also I haven't been that active so if somebody has done more research my bad but back when this first became a "thing" and people started telling everybody not to do it boomba made that video to show the steady afr on the test car... But it was just a car crushing with little to no throttle transitions if I remember right so there was no big venting events taking place anyways during that test and as far as I know after being called out on that video I think they stayed silent. Again I hope this info is still valid years later since I last looked into it.

To op I first made my intake with 3.5" piping keeping the filter in the bay in front of the transmission and still had a lot of good turbo sounds so you don't need a full CAI to hear the spool/whoosh.
Sponsored