Turbo Sound vs warranty

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo 156, Honda Civic (1.5t hatchback)
Country flag
I wanted to be different vs. All the fk8 covers out there.
Did quite a bit of searching and ordered from china/taobao :) the shipping was a pain though...group buy anyone?
IMG-20180830-175402-450.jpg

It is definitely bigger than the other covers out there. I've had it for at least half a year with no issues.
Saw this one in Taobao too, but I am very hesitant on putting engine covers specially in a hot country like Thailand. Did you notice any impact on engine heat?

Thanks!
Sponsored

CDNSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
BOV is a NO... dont do it.
CAI require relocation windshield reservior.
I have PRL cobra CAI installed on my Hatch and it is quite alot of work around.
I spoke to my local dealer parts and service manager, he confirmed to me that in order to void the warranty, they need to prove that the problem is due to my Modification.

Our turbo is small so the sound cant be big, you will hear a good intake sound with SRI though.

I also bought the PRL Cobra CAI, I found removing the resonator on the stock intake far more of a pain in the ass than relocating the reservoir. As long as you go slow, do your research and have a friend or two to help it's fairly straight forward. Removing the front bumper isn't that hard to do and makes installing the CAI far easier.

The intake sounds great and I did notice a bit more pickup when the turbo is fully spooled up but I also noticed that going from vacuum to boost has a bit more lag. The stock resonator helps with smoothing out excess pressure from the wastegate.

Hindsight being 20/20, I wouldn't have bothered swapping the intake from stock. With the CAD - USD exchange rate, customs/duties, taxes etc it ended up being a $900 CAD all said and done which isn't worth it, especially with the increased turbo lag.