Turbo/ Intake Flutter Under WOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag

I know the video above is with a ford but its the same noise coming from my civic at WOT in 3rd gear. This is a new noise that has been happening. I have a Mishimoto intake, downpipe, and hondata tune as well if that helps. If anyone could shed some light on this that would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored

Dipz

First Name
Dipz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Type R
Country flag
Maybe it's my headphones but I couldn't hear much. Check your piping and especially the couplers. They can pop off at an edge and you wouldn't even know it.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I know the video above is with a ford but its the same noise coming from my civic at WOT in 3rd gear. This is a new noise that has been happening. I have a Mishimoto intake, downpipe, and hondata tune as well if that helps. If anyone could shed some light on this that would be much appreciated. Thanks!
do you happen to have a blow off valve? maybe record your car doing it because that ST video sounds like he has an aftermarket BOV and its leaking air out

OP
OP
Bluesporthatch18
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
do you happen to have a blow off valve? maybe record your car doing it because that ST video sounds like he has an aftermarket BOV and its leaking air out
No blow off valve.But ill try to get a recording, its just hard to capture the exact time. In the video you can hear it good around the 17 second mark.

ilipac

@blueFK7
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I tried to replicate the noise in question last night.....My IATs were sub 100, couldn't get the noise....it could be heatsoak issue and the boost couldn't build because of temps? i have no idea lol

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
I have k&n short ram and I hear it all the time. I know it's the wastegate or bypass valve opening and closing to regulate proper pressures. It seems louder low in the revs probably to keep from building boost too soon and blowing the motor.

Nostake

First Name
jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag

I have this exact same problem, the idle is a bit rough, my STFT and to a lesser extent my AFR bounce around, took it too mechanic who used to aftermarket an EVO and he told me that a corrupt file has embedded itself in my ECU and is overriding any map i try to flash......BS i say. he also said he saw my AFR go to 16.3 under WOT for a second and he said he saw a HUGE boost spike to 42 PSI told me i either need to take it too a dyno tuner or return it too stock for $850 parts and labor and then take it too the dealer and say a prayer. My tuner on the other hand DOES NOT see a boost spike he said my fuel pressure looks good and so does the wastegate action. He said my car actually has a problem holding boost. he said other Civics are holding 21 psi at 2.5mm. my Civic is getting 17-18 PSI at 2.9-3.0 mm. He wants me to have boost leak check done and maybe change my plugs due to Lucas oil octane booster and 3 weeks of running rich could have fouled them. Mechanic told me not to engage boost because i could blow up my car. i dont know when the problem started as the hesitation is subtle and you would not hear it flutter with windows up at all, but i think it started right after i put in my INJEN intercooler, maybe i put the O-rings in backwards or a hose is loose?

dareth

First Name
kohw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 1.5T
Country flag

my setup is Mishimoto intake with dual funnel, and ktuner custom tuned.i had this turbo flutter noise all the time on low end and i loved it

OP
OP
Bluesporthatch18
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
my setup is Mishimoto intake with dual funnel, and ktuner custom tuned.i had this turbo flutter noise all the time on low end and i loved it
You don't worry that the noise isn't like a compressor surge? Or something else potentially harmful? I'm just curious for myself because I put in my intake over a year ago and this is a new noise.

dareth

First Name
kohw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 1.5T
Country flag
You don't worry that the noise isn't like a compressor surge? Or something else potentially harmful? I'm just curious for myself because I put in my intake over a year ago and this is a new noise.
Nope. I had these flutter noises within minutes of installation. Hence, i'm pretty sure its from the intake and it is louder with Mishimoto dual funnel.
Sponsored