Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tuning my CVT,

Hey all I’m new to the modding and tuning scene so I wanted to get some info on it!

The only performance mod I’ve done to my civic is the AF dynamic CAI, I do want to get rid of the awful lag the CVT has( tuning is the way to go from what I’ve seen).

So my question is should I do a few other performance upgrades before I tune my car(exhaust, tires, etc.) My car is mostly for commuting but I would also like to be able to have fun here and there.

Honda Civic 10th gen tuning my CVT ABE3DC86-43E2-4A2F-8E88-CCF78687C0B4
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
We definitely get rid of the lag you're feeling. It's a whole new vehicle once any of our tunes are applied. No additional mods are needed so that's completely up to you!

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Heavily suggest tuning. Followed by light weight rims or at least some good summer tires. Tuner gave the most gains, tires gave the most power to the road as well as enhanced control. Intake and exhaust offer very minimal gains beyond sound, as the stock system is already pretty efficient.

Bucd

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sports Touring
Vehicle Showcase
We definitely get rid of the lag you're feeling. It's a whole new vehicle once any of our tunes are applied. No additional mods are needed so that's completely up to you!
This!!!
I have 2017 hatchback sports touring Cvt and just did stage 2 dual tune and wow!!! Night and day difference.

Great job ktuner!!!

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
This!!!
I have 2017 hatchback sports touring Cvt and just did stage 2 dual tune and wow!!! Night and day difference.

Great job ktuner!!!
Thank you!

Schmullis

First Name
Schmullis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
When will there be V2's in inventory to meet the demand of those of us that want one?! :thumbsup:

philwu415

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback EX (2018)
If I were to tune my new Honda Civic Hatchback EX, how does it effect the longevity of the car? @KTuner

Schmullis

First Name
Schmullis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
If I were to tune my new Honda Civic Hatchback EX, how does it effect the longevity of the car? @KTuner
You’ll be fine for as long as you have it. A few things to remember:
1- make sure car is fully warmed up before pushing it
2- change oil every six months or 6,000 miles.
3- do the dual tune: push Econ button for factory PSI when cold. Then press Econ again to goto 21 psi and have fun!

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
When will there be V2's in inventory to meet the demand of those of us that want one?! :thumbsup:
We're working on it, trust me! Our new coating facility is making the racks to run our parts as we speak.

We passed the 2 year mark in the field back in April. Suffice to say the outlook on longevity looks pretty solid!

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Ktuner Stage 2. I ran a 14.19 last friday at 99.8mph.... i have no other mods other than a K&N drop in, on 94 octane gas. CVT Sedan.

Zero lag

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ktuner Stage 2. I ran a 14.19 last friday at 99.8mph.... i have no other mods other than a K&N drop in, on 94 octane gas. CVT Sedan.

Zero lag

Congrats! This is good to know.

HatchHTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@KTuner Will tuning a CVT ruin it? I heard that it can't take more than 250 lbs of torque and I don't want to be spending $$ on a new trans.

omens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@KTuner Will tuning a CVT ruin it? I heard that it can't take more than 250 lbs of torque and I don't want to be spending $$ on a new trans.
The consensus is as long as you’re being safe you should be fine. KTuner has pushed CVT past the 21PSI basemap for 2+ years without any issues.

You have your limits, so beyond the base tune you should be careful or seek a custom tune.

The only thing to note would be your warranty if concerned about it. Suppose your transmission dies, you may have some serious difficulty utilizing warranty. Even if your transmission failure was unrelated to your tune, it may be challenging to get Honda to go through the steps of proving your tune is what causes the failure. It’d definitely be a fight.

Most people don’t worry about it. Some people don’t want to risk it on their 21k+ investment so they wait out the warranty period.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Some people don’t want to risk it on their 21k+ investment so they wait out the warranty period.
I waited about 10 months to tune. Five years is a lot of time to wait to make your car more fun to drive.;)

omens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I waited about 10 months to tune. Five years is a lot of time to wait to make your car more fun to drive.;)
This is 100% correct. Even on a 36k mike warranty which I’ll break through rather quickly I can’t bring myself to wait that long.

Going to break the new Hatchback in over a few months to make myself feel better that I don’t have a lemon then go to town.
Sponsored