Tuning joke of the day?

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
This actually is very funny
On their website, the small print at the bottom states that “the fuel efficency and power ratings are (just) targets”
The better target they hit, is that wallet in your pocket. Foolish nonsense and rubbish.

In order to get a return on your $, you have to respond IN WRITING within the first 30days of purchase / then you have to prove to them it isn’t working. Which means you need to schedule and pay for a Dyno to back your claim; which costs the same as the unit you purchased.
Oh so funny
Sponsored

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
people can run a piggyback if they want to. It's their car and money not mine.

For me personally? I rather have 350 hp with a tuning unit than 350 hp with a piggyback but that's just me.
Interesting and I respect most of us are cool with being happy to select from the lot choices without feeling the need to put down another’s choice.

i do have one question though.

Are you saying your K-Tuna Falabella horses, 350 of them, are bigger than my 350 RaceChip Shires?

I think were just counting legs here and you have 1,400, my stallions have 1750.

(For the mathematically and anatomically challenged that’s five male legs per horse in my stable, y’better duck!)

Horse power is the same standard and there are 350 of them so this is a win-whinney situation.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your guys delusions are just as a funny as the joker. I guess a company around this long specializing in luxury sport tunes is bogus, that’s why they’ve stayed in business this long, just make 51% happy while 49% won’t even try it but talk bad about what they no little of openly. That’s your right to do so, what’s left Is conjecture in contrasting opinions so let’s play nice and disagree without being disagreeable.

Recognize most users don’t comment online? About 85 percent don’t bother, about 70 percent of that 15 are unhappy and get off by twisting reality, flaming, other than having fun and realizing it’s all good.

Horses, torque, speed, acceleration, elapsed times, can be same with either, get over it.

The you pay re-dyno is crap, if you aren’t getting performance then talk to them, they’re skilled humans that do this for a living, probably better at setting up tunes than if you built one from scratch... what? You don’t? Select one from selection presented, what a coincidence.

My point 5 posts ago was both camps work, there’s no confessional periodically for ECUs. Yours through history can tattle with the right Honda tools to dig. Piggyback won’t be there as Exhibit A, only unexplained deltas.

KT- 1
RC- 1
No film at 11

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Was that English, or any other modern language for that matter?

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
Wheres the joke?

If anything, assuming it a true piggyback it will not leave a trace if removed. We cant say the same of other more custom tuning solutions.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
Wheres the joke?

If anything, assuming it a true piggyback it will not leave a trace if removed. We cant say the same of other more custom tuning solutions.
Well, that presentation post looks like an advertisement xD and racechip is more known on Europe, the admin just posted here to talk about it.

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, that presentation post looks like an advertisement xD and racechip is more known on Europe, the admin just posted here to talk about it.
Admin? I’m lost as usual.

Kylos, profile says you’re in Spain, good to know this place is international. RC HQ is in Germany and there’s a Far East one, along with new US spot in FL but it used to be in CA.

FlexRex,
Good point, thanks for posting.
You’re in Arizona w/STI & thee Beemer, are you considering a CTR?

Also good to see I’m not the only piggyback minnow in these ECU tune shark infested waters.

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, baseline stock, then tuned, all dyno at wheels...
Orig R stock (except K&N air filter):
286hp @ 6,200, 296 T @ 4,150

Conservative most likely tune setting (established):
345hp @ 4,800, 383 ft lbs T @ 4,100

That’s (shoes off)...+50hp and +97 ft lbs

Max achieved one run was 385hp/389 T (too aggressive to sustain)

Tomorrow AWE Touring catback trip tip is installed. WAG is 5-10 more HP, gets retuned after on dyno so let’s see.

Results by to my favorite automotive charity, the Make-A-Whoosh Foundation. A portion of revenue from this effort may be donated to these (make pretend) charities so less fortunate R owners get the chance to dyno their vehicles. Si owners will get 2/3 the R amount donated to the Doncha Wish Foundation and can watch R replays.

Since there’s supposed to be a joke in this thread, here goes:

A pirate ship Captain (Arrrghh) hears a lookouts cry, “Three enemy ships approaching sir.” The Captain turns to his loyal First Mate and says, “Go get my red shirt. That way, if I’m mortally injured in the upcoming sword battle, my brave men won’t notice my bloodshed and continue the fight even if I die.”

The pirate crew prevails without major losses and the Captain wasn’t injured.

Sailing days later, a more desperate shout from the crows nest, “Nine enemy schooners approaching sir!”

The Captain turns to the First Mate and says, “Fetch me my brown pants!”

Last edited:

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Piggyback tunes are not a bad idea for more expensive cars where warranty matters even more, which is why it's huge in the German scene. Hell when I got my BMW, I was debating on whether to spend a LOT more on getting tuned by Dinan or buying something like a Race Chip for it so I can increase power still but do cheaper and also not void my warranty. Ultimately I went the dinan route because it was the legit and worry free way to go but stuff like Race Chip and JB4 have their place in the tuning market for sure.

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Piggyback tunes are not a bad idea for more expensive cars where warranty matters even more, which is why it's huge in the German scene. Hell when I got my BMW, I was debating on whether to spend a LOT more on getting tuned by Dinan or buying something like a Race Chip for it so I can increase power still but do cheaper and also not void my warranty. Ultimately I went the dinan route because it was the legit and worry free way to go but stuff like Race Chip and JB4 have their place in the tuning market for sure.
Thanks, I totally agree with your warranty and reasons for choosing piggyback.

Two factors here, preserving warranty is a concern for me, as is still having ECU protective measures enabled, even fooled it won’t let you do anything stupid and 7 choices will be selectable, NTE max safe tune settings programmed. This is collaborative with inputs from multiple sources, including my stock non-Cali-holic R.
The other is price. Not giving specifics but less than other market retail choices under these circumstances made the decision simple.

Last edited:

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
So, baseline stock, then tuned, all dyno at wheels...
Orig R stock (except K&N air filter):
286hp @ 6,200, 296 T @ 4,150

Conservative most likely tune setting (established):
345hp @ 4,800, 383 ft lbs T @ 4,100

That’s (shoes off)...+50hp and +97 ft lbs

Max achieved one run was 385hp/389 T (too aggressive to sustain)
Can you explain this? Did you dyno tested the racechip? If so, which modes? Do you have dyno graphs?
Sponsored