TunerView Specs/Comatibility

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
Waiting on my KTuner V1.2 to come in and I have a maybe 2 year old Verizon Ellipis 8 Android tablet.
The Ellipis 8 is updated to it's latest OS Android 5.1 but cannot even find TunerView in the app store.

When I was able to open it through a link on hrtuning.com it says my device is not compatible.

Everything I read said anything with Android 5.0+ would work? Any idea?

Works on my Droid Turbo 2 with Android 7.0 so I can still datalog easily but I figured it'd be nice to have a big tablet for gauges/readings and it just sits so why not? Have a tuning only laptop and garage desktop for the PC part of things and tuning.

Anyone have any ideas? Thinking the OS is still not up to spec?
Sponsored

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag
Waiting on my KTuner V1.2 to come in and I have a maybe 2 year old Verizon Ellipis 8 Android tablet.
The Ellipis 8 is updated to it's latest OS Android 5.1 but cannot even find TunerView in the app store.

When I was able to open it through a link on hrtuning.com it says my device is not compatible.

Everything I read said anything with Android 5.0+ would work? Any idea?

Works on my Droid Turbo 2 with Android 7.0 so I can still datalog easily but I figured it'd be nice to have a big tablet for gauges/readings and it just sits so why not? Have a tuning only laptop and garage desktop for the PC part of things and tuning.

Anyone have any ideas? Thinking the OS is still not up to spec?
I already replied you on email. I think we can provide better answer than anybody else ;-)
In the app there is some required features (like bluetooth) and not required but can be accessed feature (like GPS). Compatibility handled by Play Store and it seems there is a mistake because it said it's not compatible because that Verizon device did not have one of the not requred features. I will try to look what we can do.

OP
OP

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's cool.

Just using my phone currently, fits perfect in the cubby under the headunit.

The TunerView datalogging is pretty awesome!

I don't understand the KTuner Menu,
It has a separate datalog but won't let you go back to the gauges. I also only see a flash to stock button when I thought I'd be able to install any basemap on the unit?

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
It's cool.

It has a separate datalog but won't let you go back to the gauges. I also only see a flash to stock button when I thought I'd be able to install any basemap on the unit?

There's an option to go back to the gauges right in the menu.

That means you didn't upload additional tunes to it by uploading to tuning slots.

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's cool.

KTuner Menu is for start flashing a tune which is stored on the V1.2 unit or start/stop onboard datalogging.
You can just hit the back button to quit from the KTuner Menu.

OP
OP

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There's an option to go back to the gauges right in the menu.

That means you didn't upload additional tunes to it by uploading to tuning slots.
Yeah whenever I go back it closes the KTuner Menu and it's datalog.

Is this datalog any different than what
TunerView puts into a .CSV file?

I didn't touch the slots for tunes as I thought those were already populated with the other basemaps.

Aren't the tunes already on the OBDII dongle? As the reason I can do this via Bluetooth. So I would still need to add any tune I want to quick flash in TunerView into one of the 5 slots?

Last edited:
OP
OP

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
KTuner Menu is for start flashing a tune which is stored on the V1.2 unit or start/stop onboard datalogging.
You can just hit the back button to quit from the KTuner Menu.
I was assuming the same thing since everything is on the OBDII dongle but it sounds like I need to upload them to one of the (5) tune slots in the PC software.

The back button works to get back to the gauges but does not let the KTuner data log continue. Which is fine as your .CSV logs are amazing!

Really blown away by your logging/program. Seriously one of the best tuning aids I've ever used.

Beats carrying a laptop around!

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was assuming the same thing since everything is on the OBDII dongle but it sounds like I need to upload them to one of the (5) tune slots in the PC software.

The back button works to get back to the gauges but does not let the KTuner data log continue. Which is fine as your .CSV logs are amazing!

Really blown away by your logging/program. Seriously one of the best tuning aids I've ever used.

Beats carrying a laptop around!
Yes you need to upload to one of the slot to able to flash via TunerView.
When you are logging and hit the KTuner menu, the logging stops because you can't flash while logging. Also the log file will look weird if there is a few sec/min ...etc missing part.

OP
OP

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes you need to upload to one of the slot to able to flash via TunerView.
When you are logging and hit the KTuner menu, the logging stops because you can't flash while logging. Also the log file will look weird if there is a few sec/min ...etc missing part.
Awesome thanks for all your help!

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Yes the Start/Stop Onboard Logging in the KTuner menu is for the on board logging, so you can download those logs to the KTuner software later. Separate from CSV logging in the app itself.

OP
OP

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes the Start/Stop Onboard Logging in the KTuner menu is for the on board logging, so you can download those logs to the KTuner software later. Separate from CSV logging in the app itself.
Appreciate the clarification!