TunerView Lite Update - New Layouts + Official 2018 Model Info!

Chris3k2

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Ok what am I doing wrong? I finally got it to connect but I was only able to do it 1 time. I've tried a couple times since then and the ktuner app does not connect. Or auto connect to the ktuner v1.2. Is it because the 2018's can't officially pair with Bluetooth devices that aren't phones?
Sponsored

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Did you go to connect in the app and choose the unit from the list after pressing scan for devices? In the directions it says to do this, not attempt to pair from the bluetooth settings of the head unit.

Chris3k2

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Did you go to connect in the app and choose the unit from the list after pressing scan for devices? In the directions it says to do this, not attempt to pair from the bluetooth settings of the head unit.
yes I understood that from the directions. my apologies if it sounded like that is what i was trying to. Basically after I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, I went ahead and connected the v1.2 to the obd2 port and my laptop. I went into the tuner software and went under tuning and clicked BT pin disable. After that in the Ktuner Head Unit app I chose "Connect" and scan for devices. It found the V1.2 and states the correct bluetooth address. I clicked on it with auto connect checked on. I was able to get it to connect once. So I turn it off, go back into the house for an hour or so. I come back to the car and start it up and the app does not auto connect to the device nor does it allow me to reconnect manually.

I did read in the instructions in the first page that it states to choose "Enable BT Pin Advanced" that option never worked for me but I will try it again if you think that is the big problem. I will also try to get this captured on video of me manually trying to connect and nothing happening.

Edit: Here is link for video

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jjgt7xp5waa8nsh/IMG_0830.MOV?dl=0

Last edited:
OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
yes I understood that from the directions. my apologies if it sounded like that is what i was trying to. Basically after I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, I went ahead and connected the v1.2 to the obd2 port and my laptop. I went into the tuner software and went under tuning and clicked BT pin disable. After that in the Ktuner Head Unit app I chose "Connect" and scan for devices. It found the V1.2 and states the correct bluetooth address. I clicked on it with auto connect checked on. I was able to get it to connect once. So I turn it off, go back into the house for an hour or so. I come back to the car and start it up and the app does not auto connect to the device nor does it allow me to reconnect manually.

I did read in the instructions in the first page that it states to choose "Enable BT Pin Advanced" that option never worked for me but I will try it again if you think that is the big problem. I will also try to get this captured on video of me manually trying to connect and nothing happening.

Edit: Here is link for video

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jjgt7xp5waa8nsh/IMG_0830.MOV?dl=0
For an actual 18 head unit BT Pin Enable Advanced needs to be used, per the directions. Then follow the rest of what it says. The unit needs to be reset as indicated in all cases when changing the settings.

For a 17 model head unit it's BT Pin Disable and add through bluetooth device settings.

Chris3k2

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
For an actual 18 head unit BT Pin Enable Advanced needs to be used, per the directions. Then follow the rest of what it says. The unit needs to be reset as indicated in all cases when changing the settings.

For a 17 model head unit it's BT Pin Disable and add through bluetooth device settings.
Thanks KTuner. That did the trick everything is working great now. Thanks again for working with me. Awesome customer service.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Thanks KTuner. That did the trick everything is working great now. Thanks again for working with me. Awesome customer service.
That's great news! No problem.

wormyy2108

First Name
Augusto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Hey guys so do we still gotta do the honda hack to be able to install the ktuner app on the 2018 si Headunit

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Not a bug. The Type-R ECU does not support Knock Control or Knock Count items.
Thank you. How does the ECU know when knock / detonation is prevalent? Is there another metric we should be looking at?

Sorry for the questions, I’m trying to learn as much as possible about this tuning jazz :)

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Thank you. How does the ECU know when knock / detonation is prevalent? Is there another metric we should be looking at?

Sorry for the questions, I’m trying to learn as much as possible about this tuning jazz :)
Knock control is the factory Honda strategy. The Bosch ECU is a very different strategy, so those logging items do not exist in the same way.

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si, 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Duramax, 2015 Honda Accord EX-L
Country flag
If any of the members with an '18 have the TunerView Lite lose connection, I discovered that if you just turn the LaneWatch camera on, then off, it will force the program to reconnect. I discovered this when the app lost connection and the data wasn't updating, then turned my blinker on. When the blinker turned off, the app said reconnecting and then everything worked great. It has done this a few times, so I just hit the button to turn the camera on, then it works great after that. The car can also connect to your phone via bluetooth for audio and the TunerView Lite app without issue.

Chris3k2

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
If any of the members with an '18 have the TunerView Lite lose connection, I discovered that if you just turn the LaneWatch camera on, then off, it will force the program to reconnect. I discovered this when the app lost connection and the data wasn't updating, then turned my blinker on. When the blinker turned off, the app said reconnecting and then everything worked great. It has done this a few times, so I just hit the button to turn the camera on, then it works great after that. The car can also connect to your phone via bluetooth for audio and the TunerView Lite app without issue.
yes I have been having this same issue. Seems very random that it decides to disconnect out of nowhere, but like you said it's easy to get it to reconnect.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't had mine disconnect while already connected. I have had mine struggle to connect on initial start up. It seems that 3 is the magical number of connection attempts before it starts working. But this only happens like once or twice a month on daily driving. :dunno:

Alkimist

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 type r
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can change the items, but there's no way to create your own currently.
How do you change items on a headunit? Some items are duplicate like there’s two IAT, ECT, or RPM, MPH, on so on. I’d like to change the one that are duplicated on the display.
Sponsored