First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It gives me great pleasure to announce the public release of our TunerView Lite Android app for the head unit absolutely free. Lite because it does not include some functionality, like the overlay video and google map location tracking.

This powerful app connects to any KTunerFlash V1.2 or V2 device via bluetooth and offers up 9 beautiful layouts to view real-time information. These layouts are fully programmable from the items shown on the screen to the colors of text and more. Match your style easily through the menu system.

tunerviewlite.jpg

To Root The Head Unit:
Current steps to root for 16-17 models are here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/guide-how-to-enter-developer-mode-2017-t3621582

2018 owners. There is a new method of rooting via the web browser. Honda Hack is what you want to use for rooting.

What you need to do after rooting:

• Put the app on a USB stick and plug it into the vehicle's USB port.
  • Use Honda Installer to install the app from the USB stick.

• Download the latest KTuner software update, 1.0.8.2, available now from the KTuner website downloads page. Install, launch KTuner, and plug your device in to update it to the latest firmware. http://www.KTuner.com/downloads

16-17 Models
  • For V1.2, once connected to KTuner after updating you can find the V1.2 Special Command Menu under the Tuning menu in the software. Find BT PIN Disable and choose it. This puts the unit into a mode that's discoverable by the head unit and requires no pin to pair.

• For V2 users after you've updated you'll find BT PIN as an option on the main menu of the V2 device. Choose disable from the BT PIN menu to program it into the required mode.

• Pair from your head unit.
  • Launch the TunerView Lite App.
2018 Models
  • You'll need to install version 1.0.8.2 of the KTuner software, or later. Grab the current version from www.KTuner.com/downloads

• After installing it will ask to update your firmware once you plug the KTuner unit in. Make sure you have good power and do so.

• For V1.2 once updated and connected again you'll need to select Enable BT PIN Advanced In the Special V1.2 Commands under Tools menu.

• For V2 under BT PIN on the main menu choose Enable Adv.

• After it completes reset power to the unit by unplugging both USB and OBD sides.

• Plug it back into the OBD side only and key on to accessory mode or start the vehicle.

• On your head unit run the TunerView Lite app, go to connect in the TunerView menu, and choose search to show BT devices. Choose the KTuner unit on the right. If all is well it should connect!

ALL MODELS
Follow our guides to use the menu and connect.

The guides which come included with the standard TunerView app will also be added to the KTuner Online Help when it is refreshed.

For V1.2 users you can flash tunes stored on your V1.2 directly from the head unit! Also activate On Board Logging.

We look forward to your feedback. Enjoy!
Is there anything for the 2020 models? Or is it the same for the other years

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
So, what are my chances of getting 2019 support? Or is that a long ways away? Currently I'm installed on my phone. But on head unit would be amazing. Also how does it work if I want to data log on tuner view app? Where do the logs get saved to? Phone or ktuner 1.2?
There are two type of logging. You can start onboard logging with the app and the log stored on the KTuner unit and you can read it with the KTuner software. Or you can log to csv with the app and you can open it with the app or on a pc with excel or something like that.
So does this mean you can only save the data on the kTuner hardware itself?? Because ideally i'd like to buy an android tablet, download tunerview app, and then be able to datalog to my Android tablet with an upgraded microSD card so I don't have to worry about dumping the logs every single time I drive. Is this possible??

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag
So does this mean you can only save the data on the kTuner hardware itself?? Because ideally i'd like to buy an android tablet, download tunerview app, and then be able to datalog to my Android tablet with an upgraded microSD card so I don't have to worry about dumping the logs every single time I drive. Is this possible??
"Or you can log to csv with the app and you can open it with the app or on a pc with excel or something like that."

childishthing

Chief Hamster Wrangler
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (sold), 2018 Civic Type R (sold), 2020 Civic Si (current)
Country flag
Is downloading the apk to a USB required? Why not use the web browser in the head unit and download/install from there? Just curious if that will work as well.

SlasherX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 11 Honda Civic Si *Mugen*
Country flag
Hey!

So I just picked up a 2019 Honda Civic Type R and recently picked up the Ktuner V1.2 I don't want to unlock the ecu yet because I haven't really break the car in. Can I still use the ktuner v1.2 and download ktuner tunerview app on the headunit and still have all of the gauge readings without unlocking the ecu?

I was informed I could still get the gauge readings with ktuner without unlocking the ecu. I know with hondata you have to unlock the ecu.

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Hey!

So I just picked up a 2019 Honda Civic Type R and recently picked up the Ktuner V1.2 I don't want to unlock the ecu yet because I haven't really break the car in. Can I still use the ktuner v1.2 and download ktuner tunerview app on the headunit and still have all of the gauge readings without unlocking the ecu?

I was informed I could still get the gauge readings with ktuner without unlocking the ecu. I know with hondata you have to unlock the ecu.
Yea since the KTuner hardware is connected directly into the OBDII port it just uses Bluetooth to pass the parameters straight from the ECU so you can view in the app - no need to unlock.

unlocking the ecu only allows you to upload tunes I believe.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@KTuner I’ve read thru this entire thread but couldn’t find the answer to which version of Honda Hack (Basic or Pro) to use for rooting a 2019 HU. Does the basic version allow Bluetooth pairing?

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
@KTuner I’ve read thru this entire thread but couldn’t find the answer to which version of Honda Hack (Basic or Pro) to use for rooting a 2019 HU. Does the basic version allow Bluetooth pairing?
either versions work, the pro enables a few extra things on your head unit, not really worth it tbh unless you like watching videos on youtube oor add extra apps. I paid for the pro and haven't been using it to its potential.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Directions are in the help section for TunerView Lite. www.KTuner.com/KTunerHelp
I’ve already read those instructions several times before I asked the question; they’re outdated TBH. Honda Hack now comes in two editions (Basic $10 and Pro $25). For the benefit of future KTuner/TunerView Lite users with 2019+ HUs, the Basic version will do.

Stage 1.1 (FK8) totally kicks ass. Feels like driving a different car with the added grunt. Highly recommend.:thumbsup:
Sponsored

Last edited: