TunerView Lite Now Available For The Head Unit

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
Is there a way to get a reliable connection to the unit each time? I now leave the unit plugged in, launch the app, open the side menu and hit connect and click on the my KTuner. It works about 50% of the time. Some combination of unplugging the dongle and rebooting HU usually helps it get connected again. I do have auto-connect checked, but that part works extremely infrequently.
Sponsored

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is there a way to get a reliable connection to the unit each time? I now leave the unit plugged in, launch the app, open the side menu and hit connect and click on the my KTuner. It works about 50% of the time. Some combination of unplugging the dongle and rebooting HU usually helps it get connected again. I do have auto-connect checked, but that part works extremely infrequently.
I have a 2018 so I enable BT PIN in Ktuner. I have auto start TunnerView selected in Honda Hack and auto-connect checked in TunerView. It comes up every time I start the car.

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
I have a 2018 so I enable BT PIN in Ktuner. I have auto start TunnerView selected in Honda Hack and auto-connect checked in TunerView. It comes up every time I start the car.
Hm I have Honda Hack but have not tried auto-start TunerView. I'll have to give that a shot

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hm I have Honda Hack but have not tried auto-start TunerView. I'll have to give that a shot
I do that as well and it's great. :)

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice Bob I will need to check this out. I have to click the tuner view icon every start up

xNFGx

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Si
Country flag
I wish I could be that lucky. I have the unit paired but it won't stay connected after turning the car off. I have the app set to auto start and to auto connect to the tuner but it won't connect. I have to unpair the ktuner and fight to get it reconnected to the HU. After that it will connect sometimes. I have the Ktuner v2.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I wish I could be that lucky. I have the unit paired but it won't stay connected after turning the car off. I have the app set to auto start and to auto connect to the tuner but it won't connect. I have to unpair the ktuner and fight to get it reconnected to the HU. After that it will connect sometimes. I have the Ktuner v2.
Same issue I have and I've seen others here with the same glitch. The Tunerview rep here has responded with surprise but it's clearly a common problem and not good at all. As barebones and basic as my Hondata app was, it connected 100% of the time.

JC671

Youtube: JaySi.671
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI, '90 GTR, '10 370z, '90 Mr2 Turbo
Country flag
How to you change the warning parameters on the head unit app where you set each other or change a parameter on a certain layout then make it turn red when it reaches a certain value.

Only thing I’m able to change is the rpm max in the gauge layout settings ... no other option given

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag
How to you change the warning parameters on the head unit app where you set each other or change a parameter on a certain layout then make it turn red when it reaches a certain value.

Only thing I’m able to change is the rpm max in the gauge layout settings ... no other option given

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Same issue I have and I've seen others here with the same glitch. The Tunerview rep here has responded with surprise but it's clearly a common problem and not good at all. As barebones and basic as my Hondata app was, it connected 100% of the time.
Don’t compare the two since both has different Bluetooth hardware. As I said pairing is done by the android system itself. Try to enable BT PIN disable or BT PIN Advanced.

JC671

Youtube: JaySi.671
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI, '90 GTR, '10 370z, '90 Mr2 Turbo
Country flag
Is this on the phone or on the actual head unit of the vehicle? How do I update the app in the vehicle? Do I need to delete it from head unit and re-download a new apk file on the thumb drive again and then run it again?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t compare the two since both has different Bluetooth hardware. As I said pairing is done by the android system itself. Try to enable BT PIN disable or BT PIN Advanced.
I've done all that. It simply doesn't stay paired. I know you're blaming it on the Android software but my Hondata app always stayed paired to my cars android system. All I want is an app that works. I'm even having issues getting the paid version of the app working on my Huawei Mate SE phone.

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've done all that. It simply doesn't stay paired. I know you're blaming it on the Android software but my Hondata app always stayed paired to my cars android system. All I want is an app that works. I'm even having issues getting the paid version of the app working on my Huawei Mate SE phone.
I'm just saying it's not an app issue. Like I said the app doesn't do anything with pairing. It just connects to a device which is paired by the android system. If the system drops the pairing the app can't connect. Why it drops pairing? I don't know but it's nothing to do with the app since all the bluetooth pairing is handled by the android system itself. Also thousands of people using the app not with just KTuner and I only see few issue with the head unit app.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would suggest going through all the steps again including setting BT PIN and then reloading your tune into the V2. Always the possible that a mistake was made the first time.

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is this on the phone or on the actual head unit of the vehicle? How do I update the app in the vehicle? Do I need to delete it from head unit and re-download a new apk file on the thumb drive again and then run it again?
You can download the latest Lite version from the same link. Try to install over. If not works, delete it and install again.
Sponsored