First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just wanting to share my experience with my Tuned 2017 Civic hatchback sport CVT for those interested in modding the CVT.

Today I hit 40,000 miles on my civic! About 25,000 miles running a
-Mishimoto Cold Air Intake
-Hondata +6 psi with boost tables and torque limit slightly increased
-Sirimoto Flex Fuel - here in my city a full tank of e85 will run about 65% ethanol according to my gauge.
-Muffler Delete

I push my car hard everyday and I drive about 70mi/day, I just have an aggressive driving style. Top speed hit 142mph. Gas mileage has gone down from 348 mi/tank to 302 mi/tank but with a huge difference in performance at an altitude of 4000 above sea level. With these mods it's a whole new car! I have worried about reliability with my warranty ending at 60,000 miles. The only problem I have ran into was the transmission losing slight power when accelerating hard above 40mph when I hit about 39,000 miles and a whine which Honda told me was normal. I self changed the CVT Fluid oil last week and the car is back to normal accelerating like new with no whining sound.

I've done a couple races, to give you an idea racing a Ecoboost mustang I ended up about a car and half ahead as we stopped hitting 130. From a line an Ecoboost mustang will pass me as I slowly catch up. Not bad for an Econo Car! lol.

Just wanted to share my experience driving my CVT. If you have any questions please let me know!
Sponsored

tobeydw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Touring Sedan
Country flag
Dear God, 65% ethanol. You're a madman... on a serious note, your torque limit is increased? How much are you pushing on the low end? Also curious, who are you tuned by?

Also if you're running the mishimoto SRI, do you have any sound clips?

OP
OP
mcorralejo22

mcorralejo22

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So i'm running the preset tune from Hondata +6 w/ Flex Fuel and I myself slightly increased the boost tables at higher RPMS and raised the torque limit tables by about 6%. I do not know how much I am pushing on the low end since I have not dyno'd. I can get some sound clips tonight but the muffler delete may interfere with the intake.

tobeydw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Touring Sedan
Country flag
Ahh I see. I'm curious, is your car jerky when you let off the gas? And yeah sound clips would be nice even considering the muffler delete.

OP
OP
mcorralejo22

mcorralejo22

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly no it is not jerky. If i put it in sport and left off then hit the gas you'll feel it go then catch then speed up normally but I assume that's because its trying to keep the RPMS up.

tobeydw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Touring Sedan
Country flag
Thanks man, appreciate it!

tobeydw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Touring Sedan
Country flag
I'm running a CVT also, and when I was using my Flex Fuel Kit from TSP, I was running rich apparently and it caused my car to jerk every time I let off the gas

OP
OP
mcorralejo22

mcorralejo22

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm running a CVT also, and when I was using my Flex Fuel Kit from TSP, I was running rich apparently and it caused my car to jerk every time I let off the gas
Hmm that's werid, did you datalog and check your air ratios? Should stick close to 14.7ish you can also use the hondata app if you have a flashpro

Hatchbackboi1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
i have been holding off on upgrades (turbo, CAI, downpipe)for a while because i have yet hear anything concrete about the good ole #'s for the CVT. Only have the ktuner flash. I am steering toward the prl flexfuel when they release to scratch the itch. So your telling me technically this makes 300hp??

OP
OP
mcorralejo22

mcorralejo22

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i have been holding off on upgrades (turbo, CAI, downpipe)for a while because i have yet hear anything concrete about the good ole #'s for the CVT. Only have the ktuner flash. I am steering toward the prl flexfuel when they release to scratch the itch. So your telling me technically this makes 300hp??
Wouldn't say 300. I can't give you an exact number till I go get this Dynod, I would expect this to be Focus ST area max. My comment on the race with my buddy, off the line he passes me and it takes a while to get get a bit closer to him, but higher end speed the Civic pulls really well compared to the Eco Boost which high end isn't very good also considering weight differences. I'd have to say that the mods are well worth and really change the dynamic of the car. I don't take any responsibility in what you do but I wouldn't be afraid of also adding in the Flex Fuel! Just don't beat the car 24/7 but I haven't been afraid to run it hard often is all I am saying!

superfd3s

First Name
nam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic hatchback sport touring , Fd Rx7
Country flag
Of course! Been wanting to share since I once wanted to know what other people had a thought with modding the CVT!
Any luck with dyno? I am Cvt as well cant wait to go flex fuel. Thanks for sharing !

Adil

First Name
Adil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5t
Country flag
HI, i noticed you said that the CVT whining noise went away after the oil change. Did you use standard Honda fluid?
Sponsored