Tuned Civic Hatchback VS?

1. jrschultz

jrschultz Member

First Name:
    Justin
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic Sport Manual
    I'm just throwing this out there to get your thoughts. Considering my tuned Civic Sport makes 210whp and 244 wheel torque (Maybe 230, 280 crank) what does it compete with? I'm a person who switches cars every couple of years when I get bored. What's weird is I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that I would have to step up my budget big time to get a car that is faster and handles better than my Civic. All in I'm at $21,850 ($21,500 for the car and $350 for the flash tune) Do you all think a tuned Civic is a great bang for the buck like I do? What cars are on your radar that would replace your tuned Civic?

2. racer

racer Senior Member

First Name:
    Dave
    Car(s):
    2018 Civic Si sedan. I drive a manual not because it is easy.. but because it is fun
    Competes with - I presume you mean stock vs another modded car? Fiesta ST/Focus ST have similar numbers off the shelf. GTi too.

I would replace my Civic with a Boxster/Cayman. Used. Under $30K. Depending on miles, maybe even mid 20s for a 987.2 (2009+)

3. OP
    jrschultz

jrschultz Member

First Name:
    Justin
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic Sport Manual
    The Fiesta ST is the only cheaper car, but it's also smaller...I take your point though. My thoughts are that a tuned Civic with nice tires punches quite a bit above it's weight class.

4. racer

racer Senior Member

First Name:
    Dave
    Car(s):
    2018 Civic Si sedan. I drive a manual not because it is easy.. but because it is fun
    Agreed!

5. turbo lover

turbo lover Senior Member

Car(s):
    Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
    VW Golf with a tune. Slightly larger engine might have potential to gain more power from a tune than the Civic 1.5T.