afe front pipe
Injen intercooler
Injen Chjarge pipes
hondata

205 wheel horse power
232 wheel torque

after pro tune on mustang dyno

190 wheel horse 190 wheel torque just from hondata and intake

I AM VERY CONFUSED shouldnt I have alot more gains?????????

DYNO results added
Sponsored

Last edited:

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
it's hard to dyno on a CVT unless you got the paddles. I'm not sure if hte Sport has that or not

How much boost are you running and pump gas? The numbers seem about right for a CVT on a mustang dyno.

Did you do a base run before the tune? How much were you expecting to get on a CVT?

IF you put it on a dynojet, you probably be around 215hp/250tq

Last edited:

kidcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I may be wrong but i dont believe Hondata has as much end user access as we see with Ktuner - again i might be wrong but i do remember seeing that at some point

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
CVT is hard to dyno.

OP
OP
MrMadden613

MrMadden613

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Im running 93 octane
it's hard to dyno on a CVT unless you got the paddles. I'm not sure if hte Sport has that or not

How much boost are you running and pump gas? The numbers seem about right for a CVT on a mustang dyno.

Did you do a base run before the tune? How much were you expecting to get on a CVT?

IF you put it on a dynojet, you probably be around 215hp/250tq

Im running 93 octane v power , and the tune has max psi at 21

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
OP
OP
MrMadden613

MrMadden613

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
That's why. Pump that boost up!

I emailed my tuner to and asked wtf is going on, there is just no way the car can only make 205 wheel with 2600$ upgraded parts compared with just hondata and a intake its ridiculous

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I emailed my tuner to and asked wtf is going on, there is just no way the car can only make 205 wheel with 2600$ upgraded parts compared with just hondata and a intake its ridiculous
I'd ask if he can get you into the 26 psi area. Tho CVT doesn't like much more then 260tq. But a good tuner should be able to keep tq down and get more hp out of it. Keep the low end down and ramp up the top end.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
This is the age old issue with dynos.

You need to do a before and after run on the same dyno, preferably in the same ambient weather conditions.

Uncorrected Mustangs can read super low, especially when compared to DynoJet or DynaPack.

To even begin to compare Mustangs with other dynos, you need to know what the correction factors are on the dyno.

Another issue to watch out for is high IATs, if the intake temp is too high, the ECU logic can pull power to protect the engine. If the dyno operator doesn't have enough fans to create the airflow your car needs to lower IATs, that can affect your power numbers as well.

I really wouldn't worry about low numbers, how does the car drive? That's the point of dyno tuning. If the car drives like crap, you should go to a different tuner. Otherwise I wouldn't be too concerned with numbers.

The true number that tells you how an engine is performing is 1/4 mile trap speed.

Make changes, race. If your trap speed goes up, you've made it faster.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
well the only part on your list that adds power is the downpipe and Hondata.

21psi is pretty low and that's what the +6 basemap makes. Did he even adjust the torque tables to allow for more boost? I would run around 23-25psi and add 2-3 degrees of timing

OP
OP
MrMadden613

MrMadden613

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
This is the age old issue with dynos.

You need to do a before and after run on the same dyno, preferably in the same ambient weather conditions.

Uncorrected Mustangs can read super low, especially when compared to DynoJet or DynaPack.

To even begin to compare Mustangs with other dynos, you need to know what the correction factors are on the dyno.

Another issue to watch out for is high IATs, if the intake temp is too high, the ECU logic can pull power to protect the engine. If the dyno operator doesn't have enough fans to create the airflow your car needs to lower IATs, that can affect your power numbers as well.

I really wouldn't worry about low numbers, how does the car drive? That's the point of dyno tuning. If the car drives like crap, you should go to a different tuner. Otherwise I wouldn't be too concerned with numbers.

The true number that tells you how an engine is performing is 1/4 mile trap speed.

Make changes, race. If your trap speed goes up, you've made it faster.

the car drives perfect, i spoke to him again today ITS THE CVT screwed myself getting one

OP
OP
MrMadden613

MrMadden613

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
well the only part on your list that adds power is the downpipe and Hondata.

21psi is pretty low and that's what the +6 basemap makes. Did he even adjust the torque tables to allow for more boost? I would run around 23-25psi and add 2-3 degrees of timing

when he up the boost and adjust the torque the car drove like shit cvt was slipping and just terrible. it would grenade itself over a short period of time. buyer beware cvt is trash

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
when he up the boost and adjust the torque the car drove like shit cvt was slipping and just terrible. it would grenade itself over a short period of time. buyer beware cvt is trash
I ran more boost and timing on E85 with no slips 24psi with 10-11 IGN
Did he add more boost after 4000rpm or below? if you limit your TQ around 2500-3800, you can make a lot more HP at the top

do you have the dyno chart?

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Um if the CVT slipped while he was tuning, you are screwed. Your CVT will go out. the belt slipping is the belt scoring and its only going to get worse

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If it makes you feel better my old 6MT sport hatch only put down 187/233 on a Mustang dyno with a custom Ktuner tune from Vit. Mustang dynos read lower than most. You really need a baseline dyno measurement to make a good judgement of your numbers.
Sponsored