Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Mazda Cx-5, (RIP) '17 SGP Civic Hatch Ex
Country flag
Okay so I hate to burst the bubble for those who are opening this thread, but unfortunately due to complications on the Dyno, I was ONLY able to get dyno numbers on the 21psi map Non-sport (Normal Mode).

Reason being, apparently the traction control kept engaging when I was on the rollers and cut off the throttle. The car needed to be in "Dyno mode". Seeing there was 2 ways of doing this. Doing the "Pedal Dance" to cut off the VSA or disable the ABS. The Pedal dance wasn't working for me, me and the owner of the shop was trying to do it and wasn't working. Not sure if we were reading the wrong instructions but the way I read on the forums to know you did it correctly the traction control light would be blinking, and it wasn't. Tried several times and nothing. Next we removed the ABS fuse from the cabin fuse box and deactivated the ABS, which worked and allowed us to do a couple of dyno passes but didn't allow me to go into sport mode and take advantage of the full tsp stage 2 map due to the ABS/ VSA being disconnected. I regularly see 27-28 target psi on sport mode so 21psi vs 27-28 (roughly 7 psi difference) is a pretty significant difference in terms of power loss and dyno numbers. So considering the only way to get access of the full stage 2 flex fuel map was being in sport mode, I was pretty much dead in the water. I'm sure there is a way around this since I obviously see these cars on the dyno all time, just wasn't working out for me so I packed my things and left. If anyone has any insight or advice in this, let me know. I'd appreciate it.

Now on to the better news....

Considering my passes were only the 21psi Normal Mode I'd like to say I'm quite impressed with the numbers.
I'm on 36% ethanol with a PRL Cobra Intake and PRL intercooler on the fx350 clutch running the TSP Stage 2 Flex Fuel Map and I made 255whp/281TQ

Keeping in mind that I wasn't even close to my target boost numbers on sport mode, can't really complain because I know if I was I would be well over 300 TQ and upper 280-290 WHP. Just on the butt dyno alone, Sport mode is a whole different animal than the Normal Mode so I would like to say with confidence that the TSP Stage 2 Flex Fuel does live up to the numbers they claim if anyone out there was skeptical about it. Again, even though I have no black and white proof on the sport mode numbers, it's pretty obvious they would be much higher on Sport. Even though I went to a dyno, I'm gonna have to live with the "what if" numbers so to speak... At least until next time I go back. Despite the disappoint I hoped this helped anybody who was curious about this setup and haven't either got the Stage 2 or haven't went on a Dyno.

Here is the graph on the TSP Stage 2 Flex Fuel 21 psi map. I only 2 two passes.

Honda Civic 10th gen TSP Stage 2 Flex Fuel Dyno Results dyno
Sponsored

OP
OP
gylmar814

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@10GenPearlSi If i remember correctly, you asked TSP for power numbers for the Map 2 21 psi tune. Here you go.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow! and that was on a Dynojet! They are reported to give accurate power levels. That is a damn fine looking curve! I haven't been able to defeat the traction control with the pedal dance either!? @D-RobIMW What is the traction control setup with this tune?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Too bad you didn't get to test the high output map. The "pedal dance" is a little tricky, but seems to be reliable once you figure it out. Either way, thanks for sharing your results.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
gylmar814

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wow so I was finally able to do it! the video up top really helped me out. Gonna see if I can pass by the dyno some time this week and get the numbers on sport mode and I will report back here. :thumbsup:

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I tried it with the video above and it didn't work. I never get the traction control light to respond to my button push. I don't get any beeps either when I push the button. I guess it is time for me to flash back to stock when I take it in for warranty work of the TCS.

OP
OP
gylmar814

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I tried it with the video above and it didn't work. I never get the traction control light to respond to my button push. I don't get any beeps either when I push the button. I guess it is time for me to flash back to stock when I take it in for warranty work of the TCS.
Try holding the VSA plbutton for approximately 2 seconds every time you toggle the switch. that's what I did

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Try holding the VSA plbutton for approximately 2 seconds every time you toggle the switch. that's what I did
Thanks again! That worked! :dance:

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
gylmar814

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
**UPDATE** So I went back on the Dyno....... Unfortunately even after disabling the traction control via Pedal Dance the car still kicks on the ABS and all the other brake system lights so again, wasted my time and dead in the water. I went to a different dyno, so the dyno isn't the issue. It's the car and the ABS system just being very sensitive with my vehicle. I have a friend a couple months ago who was able to do a full pass on sport mode 1 time before the car realized what was going on and threw on all the lights. We called a local tuner in South Florida and he mentioned the same thing. That we needed to reset all the codes/lights on the vehicle and quickly do 1 pass on the rollers without holding the gas pedal so we are able to get a reading on sport mode before the car notices what's going on. We reset the warning lights, unstrapped the vehicle, took it driving around the block due to the car needing to be driven so the "system can initialize while driving" as taking the car off the dyno was the ONLY way doing this. We tried cruising on the rollers and disconnecting and reconnecting ABS and that wasn't working so the guy at the shop had to go through the inconvenience on taking off the car from the rollers, reset the lights, drive it around, and then put it back on the dyno again. Again, did the pedal dance successfully and sure enough right in the beginning of 4th gear the ABS/brake system lights all came on and shut off sport mode.

I love the 10th gens but they can be a pain in the ass when it comes to certain things. Particularly this issue. Never had to go through this ridiculous problem with previous generations. The good news, This time I went to a dyno shop called STP Motorsports located about 45min-1 hour north of me in Ft. Lauderdale, FL because I've heard good things about them so I Decided to give them a visit, also was curious what a different Dyno would read my car that way I can know for sure if my numbers were accurate comparing my power numbers between two dyno shops. And they were pretty much spot on ! I made 255whp/284TQ, again, these numbers were made on MAP 3 NORMAL mode on the TSP Stage 2 Flex Fuel Tune running 36% Ethanol. So the only thing that changed compared to the previous Dyno from Monday night is I read 3 more pounds of TQ. Safe to say the numbers on NORMAL mode are pretty damn accurate. :thumbsup:.

**I would like to give a big shout out to STP Motorsports, I hope someone from there reads this because despite the repeating disappointment, I mentioned to the guy at the shop this is the 2nd time this week this problem occurred for me while we were trying to trouble shoot the problem and after about approximately an hour of trying to solve the issue and nothing, the guy didn't even want to charge me for anything. He felt bad for the problem and the drive I made just to get there. I kept offering to give him the money and he refused, definitely great customer service and they do really live up to the great things I hear. :)

@Two Step Performance @D-RobIMW is there any possibility I could get the Stage 2 flex fuel map resent to me with the full power on I get on the Map 3 Sport Mode on both NORMAL and SPORT? Obviously this is due to Dyno issues/purposes. Seeing this is the ONLY way around my problem. And since thetune is locked and only available in full power in sport mode, I'm stuck. Both the guy at the dyno and the tuner we called said I would have to ask you guys if you can kindly send me a copy of the Stage 2 tune where I can take full advantage of the power on NORMAL mode as well. I would highly appreciate it.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I had more luck on a AWD dyno. That way the back wheels were spinning to.
Water meth tune
Honda Civic 10th gen TSP Stage 2 Flex Fuel Dyno Results 20181017_173956
Sponsored