TSP Stage 1 Tune for the 2017+ Civic Si (Cobra Race Support Included!)

ricoxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Some investigation should be happening for this one :O
Sponsored

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Dude goes WOT in overdriven gears..... no investigation needed. Issue is 'loose nut behind the wheel'

Drix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
It went to limp mode or there was a code that caused the problem.
after driving for a while it seems like it came back and there is a misfire in cylinder 4 and like every warning light came on.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
i just went to the gas station to fill up and retune and everything seems fine now.
What gas brand? What was in the tank before? I run 93 all the time BUT am waiting to fill up with Shell VPower before flashing this tune and staying with that fuel from now on. Going to the same station that my buddy fills up his 911/997 Porsche Twin Turbo!!!!!

Drix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
What gas brand? What was in the tank before? I run 93 all the time BUT am waiting to fill up with Shell VPower before flashing this tune and staying with that fuel from now on. Going to the same station that my buddy fills up his 911/997 Porsche Twin Turbo!!!!!
a while ago i did run e30 but now im running straight 93.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i have a flex fuel kit from vit
Does his kit wire into the ECU harness? I ask because I've heard about people damaging ignition coils when using the incorrect wire. Could be a long shot.

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
after driving for a while it seems like it came back and there is a misfire in cylinder 4 and like every warning light came on.
This seems like an ignition related issue. Please email us a datalog showing the issue (if it presents itself at idle, no driving is necessary for the log), along with any error codes that have been presented. Also please include a full modifications list for your vehicle. We'd be happy to take a look things for you.

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
ill send it when i finish up school. also when i first got the tune from you guys i thought it was pulling hard. after watching a video from my previous pulls with ktuner basemaps 19/23 from a while ago. it seem like the 19/23 was quicker than the pulls i did with the ur stage 1. it looked slower than stock power. here a video from right after i got the tune.
It's hard to tell much from a video (datalogs are king) but if it felt like stock power you were likely using map slot 1, which is essentially a factory equivalent. We'll keep an eye out for that email. Thanks

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
Anyone got an update on how this tune is working for them? A little concerned with KC lately.

Been holding off to loading mine up as I've been busy and also fighting higher than normal KC. Been running the 19/23 map for almost 2000+ miles and always been around .58-.68ish on 91 Octane with our without 10% ethanol.

Right after I loaded up the on the fly map switching tune/update my KC control has been all over. Usually .70-.80ish?
Been trying different driving conditions and gas since then and my new normal is in the .70ish range..... Not alot of ethanol or 93 octane I can find here but literally on the same tank with just an update went up considerably.

Last night taken the niece and nephew for a ride I saw .90ish on a hard 3 gear roll on till redline? Today back to .70ish range?

Car runs spectacular and I'm seeing no codes nor issues. Just strange back to back heat soaked runs before the update were in the .60ish range?

Really hoping this tune will help with KC.
Gonna try and find some 93 even if I have to drive a bit.

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Anyone got an update on how this tune is working for them? A little concerned with KC lately.

Been holding off to loading mine up as I've been busy and also fighting higher than normal KC. Been running the 19/23 map for almost 2000+ miles and always been around .58-.68ish on 91 Octane with our without 10% ethanol.

Right after I loaded up the on the fly map switching tune/update my KC control has been all over. Usually .70-.80ish?
Been trying different driving conditions and gas since then and my new normal is in the .70ish range..... Not alot of ethanol or 93 octane I can find here but literally on the same tank with just an update went up considerably.

Last night taken the niece and nephew for a ride I saw .90ish on a hard 3 gear roll on till redline? Today back to .70ish range?

Car runs spectacular and I'm seeing no codes nor issues. Just strange back to back heat soaked runs before the update were in the .60ish range?

Just to confirm, all of this is without our map, correct?

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag

If you're seeing an elevated KC value with the starter file, you may see similar on the TSP Stage 1. I've come across some cars in the past year that just pick up and move Knock Control for seemingly no reason, so yours may just be one of those unlucky machines.

The TSP Stage 1 tune is a little softer on boost pressure at slow engine speeds compared to the basic KTuner starters, though, so that MAY help. If KC movement occurs at high RPM/load, it may be similar.

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
If you're seeing an elevated KC value with the starter file, you may see similar on the TSP Stage 1. I've come across some cars in the past year that just pick up and move Knock Control for seemingly no reason, so yours may just be one of those unlucky machines.

The TSP Stage 1 tune is a little softer on boost pressure at slow engine speeds compared to the basic KTuner starters, though, so that MAY help. If KC movement occurs at high RPM/load, it may be similar.
Appreciate the advice, good to have someone very familiar with the platform!
Thank you for your contribution and tune! Can't wait to ditch the inlaws and go flash it!

Still trying to learn what's normal for these cars. But it's just as you say, like my car just moved into that range as it's new normal. I'll definitely keep an eye on it though!

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Don't be too concerned with some movement on the control value. For every 20 cars that never move from 0.49, there's one that likes to go from 0.49 to 0.89 in a short stab of the throttle. :p

One of my customers went so far as to replace the knock sensor itself, and it has seemed to make a positive change in behavior, but it's not a common practice I can recommend yet.

If the car has anything rattling attached to the engine, the knock sensor will pick it up, too. I've seen people install a motor mount, and the increased vibration transferred through the subframe caused a global increase in knock control slightly.

The sensor is a microphone. The more noise above it's "normal" threshold, the more the control value will move.
Sponsored