TSP Stage 1 Tune for the 2017+ Civic Si (Cobra Race Support Included!)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Any estimate on a release date for the TSP Stage 1 CVT tune?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
Any estimate on a release date for the TSP Stage 1 CVT tune?
Just waiting on one more piece. Very close!
@Two Step Performance - I know we can disable rev hang. But does the tune allow the user to adjust the Rev Hang's throttle padding as well? Sorry if this was already asked.

upload_2019-6-20_7-43-48.png
Sorry, I do not think that can be adjusted. I can tell you that we have never had any complaints regarding padding at the preset level.

NkryptD0n3

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Platinum White
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
*EDIT*

Received the TSP Stage 1. Looking forward to giving it a shot!

Last edited:

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Just waiting on one more piece. Very close!

Sorry, I do not think that can be adjusted. I can tell you that we have never had any complaints regarding padding at the preset level.
I think there are few of us already running Ktuner who'd love to jump on this tune. But aggressive setting on the Rev Hang Delete prevents us from doing so, based on our driving habits (and reasons KTuner mentions in their dedicated thread).

If you guys ever consider offering a version with mild throttle padding, or make Rev Hang a configurable option, I'd definitely be interested down the road. :cool:

shagam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
@Design are you referring to the slight “lurching” jerking at low RPM’s in second if you let off the throttle?

I do find this annoying (I’m typically in the 2nd mapping), but I’ve learned to avoid it by engaging Cruise Main as I’m slowly leaving my neighborhood or crawling in stop and go traffic. Cruise Main overrides the aggressive throttle-disengage.

ilipac

@blueFK7
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
omg you've given me a new car :p

EDIT: Couple of thoughts
1) On Map 3 I'm getting mid-high 20s mpg (right now 28)
2) Cruise Main on definitely helps with normal city driving
3) I smoked a WRX lol

AF Dynamics SRI
Ktuner V1.2

Last edited:

whiteSIR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hi Charles, how is the clutch holding up after a year? My cars only 4 weeks old (2000km) but I'm going to get the TSP tune for sure. Not looking to purchase a new clutch anytime soon though (hopefully at least a year lol).

Also, what map typically driving on? (factory, 19/21.5, 23)

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Well... today is 1 year to the day I flashed this tune. Stock other than the PRL stage 1 intake. No issues at all.
It's wild how fast time flies!

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi Charles, how is the clutch holding up after a year? My cars only 4 weeks old (2000km) but I'm going to get the TSP tune for sure. Not looking to purchase a new clutch anytime soon though (hopefully at least a year lol).

Also, what map typically driving on? (factory, 19/21.5, 23)
I flashed to a 21# basemap after the car was a couple months old and had a ~2500 miles as I recall (~1200 was interstate driving from a single road trip)... then in a matter of weeks/a month bumped it up to the 23# basemap… and then modded that basemap to add a pinch more timing.

So far as the TSP Stage 1... I'm at a year and something like 8-10k miles.

I asked @D-RobIMW to make me a version of his tune that had the 'hottest' map in the map 1 position... so it is always on the default hot map on startup with no need to switch to it. He obliged and sent me the file setup per my request. Other than once instance when I shifted to one of the other milder maps just to see how to to it... I've been on the 24.5# map every single time. I had no desire for the car to be any milder than the hottest map day-to-day. I can always vote with my right foot if I want to go gentler.

I've had no clutch slip and don't expect I'll have any just randomly pop up. Plenty of time has gone by... so if I was going to have it slip... glaze... then have holding power go in the crapper and need to it had to be replaced, it would have happened by now. Especially in the winter, as the cold weather allowed to car to make noticeably more power.

Right now the car has about 17k miles on it and will be 2 years old this November. Running like a champ.

Last edited:

whiteSIR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Wow that's impressive, after reading through these forums I think you're one of the few people to have run an aggressive map for an extended time without any issues. Going to order a ktuner from TSP tonight, most likely going to stay in map 2 to be on the safer side for daily driving and map 3 when I really wanna give it to her.

Do you have any other tips on how to be conservative with the clutch? Also, revhang is a debated quite a bit, I don't really have an issue with it as some other users do but I do want to see what its like driving with it off. Do you have it disabled or leave it as is for the time your cars been tuned?
Sponsored