TSP Stage 1 Tune for the 2017+ Civic Si (Cobra Race Support Included!)

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si sedan, 2016 Honda pilot
Country flag
Also what did you guys use to download the tune from email?
Sponsored

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pretty sure it was just an email attachment that went right now into my download folder using the default windows 10 mail service.

As to your error... you might have a '19 with an ECU number they haven't run across before... each year has a few different ones as I've seen. I expect you'll get a response w/in the day. @D-RobIMW and @Two Step Performance are pretty quick to respond.

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si sedan, 2016 Honda pilot
Country flag
Yea, I figured it could be that. As for downloading it from email, still trying to figure out my desk top I have. My wife actually bought it for the kids to do their homework on. It was extremely cheap, and I'm having problems navigating on it. I had a really nice laptop, but it took a crap on me a year ago. I've used my phone for everything else since then lol.

Really appreciate your response. Thanks homie

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Yea, I figured it could be that. As for downloading it from email, still trying to figure out my desk top I have. My wife actually bought it for the kids to do their homework on. It was extremely cheap, and I'm having problems navigating on it. I had a really nice laptop, but it took a crap on me a year ago. I've used my phone for everything else since then lol.

Really appreciate your response. Thanks homie
You were indeed sent a 17-18 file and your ECU appears to be a 2019 model.

You can either email me directly with your copy of the file ( [email protected] ) or contact TSP for the correct version.

Thanks!

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
Has there been any word on what to do with the TSP stage 1 and the ac/software update?

I know flashing back after the update will undo the update from Honda.
@D-RobIMW Any thoughts? I've been holding off on the recall so far.

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
@D-RobIMW Any thoughts? I've been holding off on the recall so far.
Re-flashing with TSP1 will not overwrite any of the changes Honda made during the update. Flash away!

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
So flash to stock, unlock from ecu, take to honda for recall, and flash the same tsp stage 1 tune just as we did when we first received tune? Honda changes stay in tact and everything is good to go?

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
So flash to stock, unlock from ecu, take to honda for recall, and flash the same tsp stage 1 tune just as we did when we first received tune? Honda changes stay in tact and everything is good to go?
Correct.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
A dp/fp with install and cost you about $1000. That would give you 5 to 10 hp. The intercooler with install would cost you about $1000. That would give you about 5 to 10 hp. Both together 10 to 15 hp. A clutch, flex fuel and custom tune would probably add 20 to 25 hp and cost $2k. Just ballpark numbers here.

lol you pay for a DP/FP install. Legos mustve not been your thing.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The intercooler, FP & DP are all easy to install yourself. All it takes is a couple tools, a couple hours and a couple beers. :beer:

Eryan36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Si sedan
Country flag
Forgive my ignorance if this is a stupid question. I see how the OTF map switching works, but is it possible to tie a map to the sport button with ktuner? I’d like to have the factory map be the key-on, and then the TSP map activate with the sport button, without having to leave the unit connected to the OBD port.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Forgive my ignorance if this is a stupid question. I see how the OTF map switching works, but is it possible to tie a map to the sport button with ktuner? I’d like to have the factory map be the key-on, and then the TSP map activate with the sport button, without having to leave the unit connected to the OBD port.
That would probably be something they would have to specially make for you. I think they made a tune for someone on here to auto map 3 when key on without having the unit plugged in OBD port.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@KTuner can weight in on this... as I understand, OTF map switching will change maps. Each map has 2 boost tables... a sport and non-sport. Other than the change in steering and dampening and VSA related intrusion, that has nothing to do with the maps... it is just going to swap the boost tables from the non-sport to sport mode. Any enables... timing maps... all of that stuff is the same regardless of sport vs not-sport mode.

I was the guy who ask them to invert map 3 and 1 so the 'hot' map was enabled when I started up and I didn't have to do a OTF to enable it. I didn't want the mild map to be the default one. OTF still works w/o the Ktuner device in the OBD2 port... but it won't remember the last map you selected upon each new startup unless it's installed. Since I bought a wired, more clunky V2 and I don't ever have it installed anyways except to flash and datalog immediately after the flash, I asked @D-RobIMW if he could do it... he said yes... I put it in as a note when I checked out at the TSP website as a reminder for the maps to be swapped and they gave me what I asked for.
Sponsored