TSP Stage 1 Tune for the 2017+ Civic Si (Cobra Race Support Included!)

10civics

First Name
bo peep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
after looking at dyno charts for the TSP tune and the Ktuner E35/23psi tune, can someone help me to understand how the TSP tune achieves nearly identical peak hp/torque results as the Ktuner E35/23psi tune on what i thought is a 91-93 octane tune with just a reported 1.5-2psi increase in boost over the E35/23 Ktuner tune. How does the TSP tune get nearly the same results as running E35 with up to 5 deg max adv on top? im just wondering how for my own future tuning knowledge. thanks for any help.
Sponsored

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
after looking at dyno charts for the TSP tune and the Ktuner E35/23psi tune, can someone help me to understand how the TSP tune achieves nearly identical peak hp/torque results as the Ktuner E35/23psi tune on what i thought is a 91-93 octane tune with just a reported 1.5-2psi increase in boost over the E35/23 Ktuner tune. How does the TSP tune get nearly the same results as running E35 with up to 5 deg max adv on top? im just wondering how for my own future tuning knowledge. thanks for any help.
Are you comparing charts made with the same dyno? From the same vehicle? With similar temp and humidity?

10civics

First Name
bo peep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Are you comparing charts made with the same dyno? From the same vehicle? With similar temp and humidity?
ok, lets go with the deltas from each dot com. i believe they are both 75ish on the torque, and 60 plus/minus 5 on the hp, forget the charts lets go with the documented numerical values

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
they are from the same car and dyno

The charts are from IMW
Truth; the plots you see on KTuner's website and the TSP website are the same exact car, on the same exact dyno.

So yes, it makes almost exactly what the E35 KTuner 23psi map makes. That's what some extra boost over the 23psi starter and some new fuel/ignition targets results in.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Truth; the plots you see on KTuner's website and the TSP website are the same exact car, on the same exact dyno.

So yes, it makes almost exactly what the E35 KTuner 23psi map makes. That's what some extra boost over the 23psi starter and some new fuel/ignition targets results in.
Honda Civic 10th gen TSP Stage 1 Tune for the 2017+ Civic Si (Cobra Race Support Included!) CheerfulAnnualAnhinga-max-1mb

10civics

First Name
bo peep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
No need to deal with it because ill be sticking with the E35/23 tune regardless. I like the fact it has a much flatter torque curve and it peaks considerably higher in the rpm range. It has been stressed countless times to be safer for the conn rod so that's the route I'll continue with.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love E40! The torque of the motor at lower rpm range, before the boost comes on, makes the little 1.5L engine feel more like a 2.0L. My Vit Stage 1 tune didn't make the pre-boost engine feel nearly as strong.

10civics

First Name
bo peep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
I love E40! The torque of the motor at lower rpm range, before the boost comes on, makes the little 1.5L engine feel more like a 2.0L. My Vit Stage 1 tune didn't make the pre-boost engine feel nearly as strong.
I try to keep my blend right at 38 just for a little bit of a safety factor, kc always at 0. 49 and runs great

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No need to deal with it because ill be sticking with the E35/23 tune regardless. I like the fact it has a much flatter torque curve and it peaks considerably higher in the rpm range. It has been stressed countless times to be safer for the conn rod so that's the route I'll continue with.
Where I'm at in NJ corn fuel is hard to find. I like how my car feels with the TSP Stage 1 tune. I've run the Hondata +6, +9, and TSP Stage 1. I've also run the Ktuner 19.5/23 and TSP Stage 1. The Ktuner TSP Stage 1 has felt like the most enjoyable tune available to me.

Last edited:

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I'm curious - in light how much power the TSP Stage 1 tune adds, is there enough room for TSP to release a safe Stage 2 tune for those with an upgraded DP/FP? Alternately, how much of a power increase over the Stage 1 might one expect going with a custom tune? @D-RobIMW @Two Step Performance

My stock clutch is happy but probably maxxed on the Stage 1 - eventually I'd like to take things to the next level though.

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
The TSP Stage 1 is as aggressive as I'm giving the public on pump gas. Cars with upgraded exhaust parts make more power naturally since they flow more air, even with the same tune file.

Custom tuning over the TSP Stage 1 depends on the modifications, the quality of your fuel, and how sensitive the knock sensor is, in my experience.

There will be no "Stage 2" for anything other than FlexFuel cars.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will say, I stopped looking at going Flexfuel after getting the reflash... and I was strongly leaning that direction a few months ago. I'm sure there's more power to be had, especially on a custom tune. As it is, I'm pretty content. ~240 whp on a sub-3000 lb FWD feels like plenty to me. It's been 90+ degrees outside pretty much since I got it. I'm actually looking forward to how a car with a maxed out turbo and probably-too-small-now intercooler will feel in the cold of winter.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I will say, I stopped looking at going Flexfuel after getting the reflash... and I was strongly leaning that direction a few months ago. I'm sure there's more power to be had, especially on a custom tune. As it is, I'm pretty content. ~240 whp on a sub-3000 lb FWD feels like plenty to me. It's been 90+ degrees outside pretty much since I got it. I'm actually looking forward to how a car with a maxed out turbo and probably-too-small-now intercooler will feel in the cold of winter.
I thought that I'd feel a big change when I installed my PRL intercooler, but it honestly felt the same. I'm sure that if I made repeated pulls one after another, or hit the track, my stock intercooler would've crapped out. In street driving though, I don't think that you really spend enough time in boost to see a difference.

If anyone has any logs showing Knock Retard climbing due to heat soak on the stock intercooler though, I'd be interested in seeing where the threshold is.

10civics

First Name
bo peep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
I don't know the specs but larger air volume moves slower. Could cause lag and possibly loss of boost with a stock turbo if not sized correctly
Sponsored