First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic sport hatchback 1.5
Country flag
Hey guys,

I recently purchased the TSP stage 1 tune for my 19 civic sport hatch. Everything I heard about the top end power is true. It feels super meaty on the highway and has been putting a smile on my face. The only thing I notice is my "first gear" feels a lot slower compared to the 21 psi starter with aggressive settings (which I expected). My question is, has anyone played with the boost by gear limits? I notice gear 1 is 18 psi and the rest are custom. Would 20 psi be safe?

Honda Civic 10th gen TSP stage 1 for CVT BBG settings 15690834417914648557750951115636
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, leave it at 18; that's plenty of boost in "1st". I don't know if you've been following my ongoing TSP tune thread but I've talked about the softer low end quite a bit.

The reason the TSP tune feels less potent down low is because D-Rob apparently feels like there's a bit less stress doing it that way. With an aggressively setup KTuner Starter 21, with early spool and fast part throttle turbo response, you definitely get a snappier feel down low. The downside is the KTuner setup kind of fizzles out up top.

Here's my overall take on it. If you mostly drive in city type driving, the aggressive KTuner 21 setup feels better. For highway passing power and anything above 4000 rpm, it's TSP all the way. On balance, the TSP tune is a touch more refined.

The main difference for me is throttle response. I had it very aggressive with my KTuner tune. With the TSP, it takes a deeper jab on the accelerator to get into the power. Anything under 3,000 rpm and it's a bit soft. I think there's also a learning curve and a bit of muscle memory involved. Once you realize all you need is a bit more throttle to bring up power, it all comes together. :thumbsup:

The power is there, it just is a completely different feel than the aggressive KTuner setup. With KTuner, the power feels more "front loaded" and then it tails off. The TSP throttle feel is more linear and the tune feels more balanced top to bottom.

Having said that, I wish Derek gave us the ability to turn early spool on/off and to chose part throttle response settings. That would have made the TSP tune perfect for everyone.

Last edited:

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
I bought the tsp tune and use it for 2 weeks and swtiched back to starter 2. For those 2 weeks, I couldn't get pass 4000 RPM because there are shit tone of cars in city and highway. I just don't have a chance to feel that power at 4000+ rpm.

OP
OP
Sf93

Sf93

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honestly, leave it at 18; that's plenty of boost in "1st". I don't know if you've been following my ongoing TSP tune thread but I've discussed this at length.

The reason the TSP tune feels less potent down low is because D-Rob apparently feels like there's a bit less stress doing it that way. With an aggressively setup KTuner Starter 21, with early spool and fast part throttle turbo response, you definitely get a snappier feel down low. The downside is the KTuner setup kind of fizzles out up top.

Here's my overall take on it. If you mostly drive in city type driving, the aggressive KTuner 21 setup feels better. For highway passing power and anything above 4000 rpm, it's TSP all she way. On balance, the TSP tune is a touch more refined and polished.

The main difference for me is throttle response. I had it very aggressive with my KTuner tune. With the TSP, it takes a deeper stab on the accelerator to get into the power. Anything under 3,000 rpm and it's a bit soft. I think there's also a learning curve and a bit of muscle memory involved. Once you realize all you need is a bit more throttle to bring up power, it all comes together. :thumbsup:

The power is there, it just is a completely different feel than the aggressive KTuner setup. With KTuner, the throttle feels more "front loaded" (know what I mean?) and then power tails off. The TSP throttle feel is more linear and it feels more balanced top to bottom.

Having said that, I wish Derek gave us the ability to choose whether early spool was on or off and for us to chose part throttle responsiveness. That would have made the TSP tune perfect for all.
Thanks for the in depth response! I can see what you mean about muscle memory. It would be nice to have more in the low end but that's what I get for buying a CVT lol. I want to try 19 or 20 psi still if I do I will post updates!

ocbooger

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you tried it in S mode? I use D mostly but switch to S when I'm feeling frisky.

OP
OP
Sf93

Sf93

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@Two Step Performance can I get clarification on this? I've now upgraded to the race MAF and was wondering if it was safe to add boost to "gear 1"

IamPau

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2016, honda civic 2006
Country flag
Thanks for the in depth response! I can see what you mean about muscle memory. It would be nice to have more in the low end but that's what I get for buying a CVT lol. I want to try 19 or 20 psi still if I do I will post updates!
Hey bud did you do any changes to the setting? Was thinking about changing all the boost levels on each gear.. Did you do so and if so is it safe?
Sponsored