Si TSP Car randomly jolts when stepping on the accelerator

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
This very rarely happens and idk if my cars just messed up or its with TSP tune but sometimes if I rev match down into second and go WOT (not instantly, I wait for the rev match to complete first) the car will JOLT really hard and I can feel something in the accelerator like its trying to connect to something.

It lasts about a second and everything goes back to normal...it occurs very rarely
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is no relation between this behavior and your tune.

What rear motor mount do you have in place?

Coolnezzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
There is no relation between this behavior and your tune.

What rear motor mount do you have in place?
I started experiencing a similar thud/bang when accelerating from 2nd after downshifting after applying Vit's stage 1 tune. I very quickly eliminated this with a Hasport 62a motor mount, which has done wonders for drivability once the car is moving. If you can get used to the vibrations when taking off, it's totally worth it. I have about 400 miles on mine and the vibrations have calmed down to the point where myself nor my passenger really notices them when taking off any more.

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2008 Acura TL
Country flag
Normal the TSP tune uses a more aggressive throttle padding so virtually none so it's harsher also the stock motor mounts are very flimsy so you're prob feeling the motor flopping around too on hard shifts
Sponsored