Trying to replace side mirror, not sure what model I need

Rekter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe
So I shattered the driver side mirror on my 2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe. I'm trying to replace it myself, but I'm having a little bit of trouble figuring out what model mirror I need. I've tried simply entering my car model, but I'm being presented with options that I'm not expecting, such as: Heated? Molded black? Body color?

I'm not sure if these options are "customizable", or whether they impact if the mirror will fit/work with my car. I also broke the plastic piece that goes around the mirror/protects the open wires, and I'm not sure if some of these options are meant to include that piece or not, as that would be ideal.

I'm looking into getting what I need from a junkyard, so I'm also wondering whether mirrors off cars from other years will also fit my car, or whether it would specifically need to be taken from another 2004 model.
Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
As long as it's the same generation and body style, it should fit. Some may have excess wires (for example, the heated mirrors), but just cut them off if your car doesn't have them.

If your other mirror is painted your car's colour, that's what "body color" and "molded black" mean.

Anyway, you're kinda on the wrong forums; these are mainly for the 2016+ civic models. Other forums more suited to your car in question would be able to help you better.

OP
OP

Rekter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Thanks, I hadn't realized this was a forum for newer cars!

Since I'm here, though, I hope you don't mind if I ask a few follow-up questions: What do you mean by "body style"? Also, it seems that my mirror is neither painted or molded. Here is a picture of the mirror without the (also broken) casing/protective cover: http://i.imgur.com/D2QzUV0.jpg

If that's not body color, etc. do you have any idea what you would call it?

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Body style - coupe, or sedan. They probably won't be interchangeable.

The cover that's broken off and not visible in the picture - if it was blue, it was "body color". If it was just a black plastic, it was "molded".

Anyway, the color/molded are interchangeable, if you're looking to spend as less money as possible. The molded black will be cheaper.

It also looks like you're going to need the panel that holds the mirror to the car, as it seems bent quite a bit.