First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So yep trunk won’t close, no there aren’t any keys in there and ive tried everything I can think of, keys super far away, lock, unlock, set of alarm even left my keys in the trunk for a minute and then took it away to try and maybe reset sensor or something. Any advice? Possibly defective sensor? Any way to disable it or anything.
Sponsored

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
So yep trunk won’t close, no there aren’t any keys in there and ive tried everything I can think of, keys super far away, lock, unlock, set of alarm even left my keys in the trunk for a minute and then took it away to try and maybe reset sensor or something. Any advice? Possibly defective sensor? Any way to disable it or anything.
Does your trunk have one of those handles that people can pull when they're locked in the trunk? I'd pull that, might be a mechanical way of unlatching it.

OP
OP
2tone

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does your trunk have one of those handles that people can pull when they're locked in the trunk? I'd pull that, might be a mechanical way of unlatching it.
Yep tried that to no avail

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
There's at least one thread that dealt with the trunk opening on its own. I wanna' say it had to do with the remote tether that could be accessed from the back seat (I think). I can't remember if it was user error or a Honda issue. But I hope you can figure it out.

OP
OP
2tone

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can anybody show me what their trunk latches look like, no matter how I move it it still won’t close

OP
OP
2tone

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also the bottom part it latches too, I think my latch isn’t locking onto the bottom, but i can easily get it to lock while open

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
Broken latch on the trunk, happened to me half year ago.

Last edited:

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
^^^^
Using the first picture in the post above for something to check (something I have seen happen on other cars with latches of similar design), you see the part in the middle that actually moves (the part where it has 2 circles with 1 circle being half hidden and then on the drivers side there is just a little tick-turd sticking out) If the trunk was open and that was bumped in the right way it's possible for that latch there to close which would prevent the trunk from closing and often time this latch design relies on pressure so simply hitting the button won't pop it back open, you have to slide a screw driver in there and apply pressure while hitting the button, I've seen this happen with car doors that use the same latch style.

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I got my 2020 hatch, I watched a lady at the dealership struggle with hers. 40 minutes and 3 mechanics later, a supervisor walked out. Her keys were in her purse in the trunk.
Sponsored