Trunk Swap w/ Ex-t coupe

lhill81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Pontiac Grand Am GT, 2018 Honda Civic Ex-t Coupe, 2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
If any Si Coupe owners in the Atlanta area (or anywhere really) with a lunar silver car are interested in doing a trunk swap with an ex-t coupe, let me know so we can arrange something. Also, if someone is just interested in selling their lunar silver Si Coupe trunk, I would be interested in that as well. I actually already have the spoiler, so I really only need the trunk with the drilled holes and extra supports. Thanks!
Sponsored

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can't use just large fender washers or just some scrap metal underneath for extra support?

OP
OP

lhill81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Pontiac Grand Am GT, 2018 Honda Civic Ex-t Coupe, 2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Yeah I would rather do that since it would save a lot of money, but if you take off the fabric trunk liner there is a piece of metal that is welded to the actual trunk lid that just has a few holes in it, so actually getting sheet metal or anything under that piece would be nearly impossible. I went to a body shop and they told me my only options were to put the spoiler on my trunk with no support which may cause the trunk to dent, or cut into that large metal piece so they could put supports on but he says that could also cause the trunk to dent, so I'm not sure what to do.
Sponsored