True 3" exhaust system for the Civic Type R (FK8)

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I appreciate how you guys are open and honest with us as you develop for our platform.

Thanks!
It's the only way we know how to operate. :)
Sponsored

xGreyWorm

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I was wondering what your price point is going to be? Like along the 1000-1500 range or the 1500-2000 range. Just curious got to work it into my budget because I need this exhaust in my life. Thanks.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was wondering what your price point is going to be? Like along the 1000-1500 range or the 1500-2000 range. Just curious got to work it into my budget because I need this exhaust in my life. Thanks.
Still TBD, will post more info as we get closer.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
*update* we have isolated the drone frequencies and implemented the lengths needed to cancel them. They sound great while on a stock downpipe. We have since installed a readily available aftermarket catless down-pipe so we can test sound for a "worst" case scenario where the car can be the loudest. We are testing that out now.

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
*update* we have isolated the drone frequencies and implemented the lengths needed to cancel them. They sound great while on a stock downpipe. We have since installed a readily available aftermarket catless down-pipe so we can test sound for a "worst" case scenario where the car can be the loudest. We are testing that out now.
You guys are smashing it! :thumbsup:

Vincentbrown65

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Thank God, progress! Can we get a picture of it on the car, pleeeeze?

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Will this be an active exhaust like Remus? That thing is so handy when you don't want to be obnoxious Abha

Btw defo buying this if it's around $1000-1500

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Will this be an active exhaust like Remus? That thing is so handy when you don't want to be obnoxious Abha

Btw defo buying this if it's around $1000-1500
It will not be active. They are using branch resonators to fine tune the sound

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Fingers crossed on this. I almost pulled the trigger on the aFe exhaust, but the drone was terrible. Deep rumble, no rasp, and no drone (and three tips) would be the holy grail. Option carbon tips would just be icing on the cake

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It will not be active. They are using branch resonators to fine tune the sound
Correct, no electronics intended for this system.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update, the decision has been made to go with full V-band flanges on our system. We will not use slip joints and we will not use 2-bolt flanges. past experiences, a few rounds of testing, and having seen others on the market that were brought to us have shown us that too many of them leak and just don't seal well. We don't want to have a leaking exhaust so we are going for the best solution. This will cost a bit more than a cheaper method of attaching but its what we know will work the best.

Honda Civic 10th gen True 3" exhaust system for the Civic Type R (FK8) FK8 Catback  sma;;

xGreyWorm

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Update, the decision has been made to go with full V-band flanges on our system. We will not use slip joints and we will not use 2-bolt flanges. past experiences, a few rounds of testing, and having seen others on the market that were brought to us have shown us that too many of them leak and just don't seal well. We don't want to have a leaking exhaust so we are going for the best solution. This will cost a bit more than a cheaper method of attaching but its what we know will work the best.

FK8 Catback  sma;;.png
Where will the V-bands stop at? Is there still going to be a 3-bolt flange to the downpipe or are you going to be offering a downpipe back exhaust package?

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where will the V-bands stop at? Is there still going to be a 3-bolt flange to the downpipe or are you going to be offering a downpipe back exhaust package?
It will still be the 3-bolt flange at the down-pipe to work with various down-pipes on the market. Everything from the DP back will be V-bands that we are making.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
May be a dumb question but doesn't that then eliminate anyone who already has, and would rather not part with their front pipe? I have an RV6 and would want to keep it, but it sounds like I wouldn't be able to use this exhaust with it since it's V-band at that side, where the RV6 is the typical flange mount?
Sponsored