True 3" exhaust system for the Civic Type R (FK8)

Barett@27WON

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Barett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan, 2009 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
I’ll definitely read through them
So are you guys thinking then whole exhaust will include a front pipe? No compatibility with current 3” front pipes? Not a deal breaker, tone is number 1 priority. I would sell mine if needed.
This is definitely a strong consideration for us. A "true" 3" system is important to us, we do not want to have a diameter reduction at the tail end of the front-pipe then back up to 3" again.
We are also looking into other flange connection methods to reduce overall weight without sacrificing sealing or strength.

And for everyone that is concerned about sound change between OE downpipe and catless downpipe, we will be testing and developing the exhaust with both in consideration.

Look for an update in the next few weeks
Sponsored

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I appreciate the quick responses. I’ve been patiently waiting for an exhaust. Take all the time you need.
I look forward to the updates!

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
A modular system would be phenomenal, this will give the options of:
-A cat & test pipe: track season, then back to normal, no problem! specially on this platform it is very easy to swap that pipe.:thumbsup:
-Resonator & no resonator.
-Single pipe, dual pipe or three pipe

These options will give us the ability to play with:
-Weight.
-Sound.
-Emission compliance, for those living in states where it demands it.

As for design, it would be nice a design that blend with the body kit, not just a pipe, something like the old Lambos, that will not protruded the lines of the car.

:wave:
Honda Civic 10th gen True 3" exhaust system for the Civic Type R (FK8) maxresdefault

I personally would go for a catted, non-resonated system with a single pipe, this is not for aesthetics but weight reduction, since a 3" system will be always heavier than a smaller one.

Sample pic, of a modular downpipe.

Honda Civic 10th gen True 3" exhaust system for the Civic Type R (FK8) dp3-800x383

Higgo8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 CTR GT
Country flag
A modular system would be phenomenal, this will give the options of:
-A cat & test pipe: track season, then back to normal, no problem! specially on this platform it is very easy to swap that pipe.:thumbsup:
-Resonator & no resonator.
-Single pipe, dual pipe or three pipe

These options will give us the ability to play with:
-Weight.
-Sound.
-Emission compliance, for those living in states where it demands it.

As for design, it would be nice a design that blend with the body kit, not just a pipe, something like the old Lambos, that will not protruded the lines of the car.

:wave:
maxresdefault.jpg

I personally would go for a catted, non-resonated system with a single pipe, this is not for aesthetics but weight reduction, since a 3" system will be always heavier than a smaller one.

Sample pic, of a modular downpipe.

dp3-800x383.jpg
Have to agree with Nightfury on this one... even Dream automotive in the UK are looking to go down this route, the lambo style tip defo compliments the angular design of FK8...

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
This is definitely a strong consideration for us. A "true" 3" system is important to us, we do not want to have a diameter reduction at the tail end of the front-pipe then back up to 3" again.
We are also looking into other flange connection methods to reduce overall weight without sacrificing sealing or strength.
FYI, RV6 has a 'true' 3" front pipe that terminates in a OE-compatible junction that does not neck down. I do not have that RV6 front pipe, although I do have an RV6 downpipe and a 'true' 3" system (that is too loud because it has only a straight-thru resonator and a Helmholtz resonator).

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Nightfury had some interesting points but the plastic rear bumper exhaust mold isn’t angular. Not sure how it would flow having an angular exhaust next to a curve. A modular system is a cool idea if it’s simple.
@baldheadracing theres multiple factors with exhaust sound: Piping size, air temp, bends, discontinuities, resonators, mufflers, etc.
I’m curious and would like to know more about the smoothness of the exhaust flow and how that effects tone and decibel level.

Whenever I went to a full 3” front pipe in addition to my 3” catless downpipe, my car lost some tone and got quieter.

Maybe just go with one straight pipe with a shaped tip?? 27won did an awesome with the Si exhaust

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I would like to see dual walled tips. So far all other 3 tip exhausts I have seen are thin, and look like tin cans. This may help on standing out from the rest.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would like to see dual walled tips. So far all other 3 tip exhausts I have seen are thin and look like tin cans. This may help on standing out from the rest.
Consider it done. We where the first ones to do it with our FK7 system and will be sure to bring that into the CTR as well.

MonkeyBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #680 CW, 2011 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Consider it done. We where the first ones to do it with our FK7 system and will be sure to bring that into the CTR as well.
Yes please nice looking dual walled tips...so hard to come by!!! Also id love the burnt titanium look or at least have a couple tip options available.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
I'm very pleased with your approach to the RMM, I look forward to seeing what you do here.

I agree with others, it should retain the 3 tip design that is unique to the R.

Vincentbrown65

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
After having some trouble getting my MAP exhaust tips centered on my Si, I found this design interesting. The ability to adjust the tips left and right to center would be excellent. Skip to 6:40 to see what I am talking about.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
V-band connections would be awesome, especially if you decide to add a modular cat for race/street use.
We will for sure be keeping three tips in respect to the car and the CTR nameplate.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
Are you planning on doing a front pipe/down pipe option like you did with the Si?

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you planning on doing a front pipe/down pipe option like you did with the Si?
Front pipe yes, down-pipe unsure at this time.
Sponsored