True 3" exhaust system for the Civic Type R (FK8)

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Link to Order, click here

Hey guys,

If you have been following along with us for a while you know how we approach R&D, Engineering, testing, packing, and more for the enthusiast and the 10th gen platform. Simply put we don't design something and force it on you guys, instead, we ask what you want and then think outside of the box to bring it to you. Don't believe me, you can check out what we did here for the SI exhaust and see how we REDEFINED the system with the help of the community.

Well now it's time we start our journey for the FK8 and we want to make sure that you guys can tag along and see what we are up to. With great success and similarities to the FK7 we have a really great starting point and a super solid idea on where we are headed and what we can bring you guys.

Check out part 1 of our design blog here and be sure to leave us a comment and let us know what you think. As well be sure to drop any questions you have in the blog or the thread below and will get to them as quick as we can.

Will be updating this thread as we progress and will be sure to keep you all in the loop. I personally am very excited as we can bring features to this system that no one else has and believe it will be something great.

Honda Civic 10th gen True 3" exhaust system for the Civic Type R (FK8) civic-type-r-oem-exhaust-front-pipe

Honda Civic 10th gen True 3" exhaust system for the Civic Type R (FK8) fk8-type-r-exhaust-system-2

Honda Civic 10th gen True 3" exhaust system for the Civic Type R (FK8) FK8 Catback  (8) small

View attachment 152266

Honda Civic 10th gen True 3" exhaust system for the Civic Type R (FK8) FK8 Catback  small

7/30/2019 updated with some new on car pics.

Honda Civic 10th gen True 3" exhaust system for the Civic Type R (FK8) CTR car 2

Honda Civic 10th gen True 3" exhaust system for the Civic Type R (FK8) CTR car

9/11/19 update with a video sample on sound.

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Vincentbrown65

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
@Vincent@27WON Your ears must have been burning... I was just about to PM you regarding an exhaust for the FK8. I am looking at getting an exhaust, so I wanted to know if you guys are planning to design/produce one for the FK8 before I pull the trigger on something else. I'll hold off as I was pleased with your design for the SI.

xGreyWorm

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have been waiting for your exhaust since your Si exhaust was extremely nice. Pretty stoked about this one. I have been holding out as well. Glad I waited.

Vincentbrown65

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
My only request - don't lose the three tip outlet look!

Ok, maybe that's not my only request. Deep, growly, and without rasp for me please!
I can't agree with you more regarding the 3 tip, as it's unique to the FK8. One obsticle that 27WON will have to tackle is how to make the 3 tip design unique to 27WON.

xGreyWorm

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I can't agree with you more regarding the 3 tip, as it's unique to the FK8. One obsticle that 27WON will have to tackle is how to make the 3 tip design unique to 27WON.
They going to hit it out the park I have faith and patience.

Vincentbrown65

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
One other thought...
When people buy an exhaust system, they consider many factors: sound, design, quality, price, tolerances, weight, material, size, performance output, availability, etc. But from my experience, one major consideration when buying an exhaust is drone. Everything that I mention above can be on point, but if an exhaust system is known to have drone, people seem to stay far away from that product and end up selecting another exhaust system. It's all very subjective, but drone seems to be universally hated. Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My only request - don't lose the three tip outlet look!

Ok, maybe that's not my only request. Deep, growly, and without rasp for me please!
Deal

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
YES!!! Please consider those who already have a downpipe and frontpipe. Specifically catless! I’ve been waiting on this announcement. I would love an exhaust that I don’t need to post modify with extra resonators to sound great.
Edit:
@Vincent@27WON
I would sacrifice three tips for one tip if the sound is on point while running catless. Just saying

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
YES!!! Please consider those who already have a downpipe and frontpipe. Specifically catless! I’ve been waiting on this announcement. I would love an exhaust that I don’t need to post modify with extra resonators to sound great.
Edit:
@Vincent@27WON
I would sacrifice three tips for one tip if the sound is on point while running catless. Just saying
We actually have some thoughts on the front-pipe as well. A way to ensure a real 3" for the FK8. Our intention would be just that, an exhaust you don't have to post modify to create a tone you want. That's just stupid in our opinion. You just spent thousands of dollars on something that promised you a good note to then only spend hundreds more to change it. Not how we think it should be done. If you have read any of our FK7 and FC1 threads you will see how we actaully tuned the exhaust for the engine and chassis. Expect us to do the same with this car.

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
We actually have some thoughts on the front-pipe as well. A way to ensure a real 3" for the FK8. Our intention would be just that, an exhaust you don't have to post modify to create a tone you want. That's just stupid in our opinion. You just spent thousands of dollars on something that promised you a good note to then only spend hundreds more to change it. Not how we think it should be done. If you have read any of our FK7 and FC1 threads you will see how we actaully tuned the exhaust for the engine and chassis. Expect us to do the same with this car.
I’ll definitely read through them
So are you guys thinking then whole exhaust will include a front pipe? No compatibility with current 3” front pipes? Not a deal breaker, tone is number 1 priority. I would sell mine if needed.

MonkeyBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #680 CW, 2011 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
I was actually waiting to see what you guys would come out with for the FK8 before i made my final exhaust decision. Look forward to seeing/hearing the prototype.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Can you please design your bends to allow the frame rail brace to be installed? This brace is missing on Type R's, but found on other model variants. The factory Type R exhaust's first resonator means the frame rail brace won't fit - but if you don't have a resonator there in your system, then the brace should fit with the right bends - the bolts are already there (see green). The part is 74178-TEA-T00
Honda Civic 10th gen True 3" exhaust system for the Civic Type R (FK8) fk8-type-r-exhaust-system-1

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ll definitely read through them
So are you guys thinking then whole exhaust will include a front pipe? No compatibility with current 3” front pipes? Not a deal breaker, tone is number 1 priority. I would sell mine if needed.
That has yet to be determined but could be a possibility. Will toss around some options and see what we can come up with.
Can you please design your bends to allow the frame rail brace to be installed? This brace is missing on Type R's, but found on other model variants. The factory Type R exhaust's first resonator means the frame rail brace won't fit - but if you don't have a resonator there in your system, then connector should fit with the right bends - the bolts are already there (see green). The part is 74178-TEA-T00
fk8-type-r-exhaust-system-1.jpg
That is a good note, my friend. I'll make sure my ENG are aware of it and will take that into consideration.
Sponsored