jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
For me it's always a big factor. That's why the internet and forums like these are awesome tools. They're the great equalizer in learning about the cars and negotiating a good price. I feel bad for buyers that walk into dealers without having done research online. I mean the invoice prices are posted right in the pricing section. That's invaluable stuff.

It is amazing to me to see people that go into dealers thinking the sticker is what they have to pay, plus whatever mark up or other BS up charges some dealers throw in just to see if they can get it. And sadly they do get it a lot of the time, or make the uneducated buyer think they got a deal because they were able to get some of the dealer mark up negotiated off.
But the dealer has to make money on someone, just not us!

I've been told by sales guys that the sticker is the price, and that no one ever gets below that, "other dealers will tell you a lower price them add fees to get it back to what they want" is what I was told by a guy last year when I was looking around for my CRV. After I purchased my CRV from somewhere else I actually drove it back to see the guy that made that statement, ( it was right next to where I was working that day) he wasn't there.

I got my CRV for $1000 less out the door that the MSRP on the sticker he said he wouldn't budge off of. No sale for you mister.
Sponsored

Golf6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK6 Golf
It is amazing to me to see people that go into dealers thinking the sticker is what they have to pay, plus whatever mark up or other BS up charges some dealers throw in just to see if they can get it. And sadly they do get it a lot of the time, or make the uneducated buyer think they got a deal because they were able to get some of the dealer mark up negotiated off.

I've been told by sales guys that the sticker is the price, and that no one ever gets below that, "other dealers will tell you a lower price them add fees to get it back to what they want" is what I was told by a guy last year when I was looking around for my CRV. After I purchased my CRV from somewhere else I actually drove it back to see the guy that made that statement, ( it was right next to where I was working that day) he wasn't there.

I got my CRV for $1000 less out the door that the MSRP on the sticker he said he wouldn't budge off of. No sale for you mister.
I never go into a car purchase without knowing the invoice price on the car and then negotiating from the invoice price (i.e. I'll only pay $xxxx over invoice). It usually works and they usually soften up once they know you're aware of their invoice price.

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan

Hah, when I test drove my former mazdaspeed 3, the dealer I was at said "Mazda looses money on each of these sold so we don't discount them at all". Went to another dealer and got it for $4k under msrp.

When negotiating for my wife's hyundai elantra, they gave me the price breakdown with some $200 "marketing fee". I asked him what it was and he said its to cover the cost of the dealership advertisements. I told him straight up, take off all these extra fees or I'm leaving.

And I am definitely not paying msrp for a civic.

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Hah, when I test drove my former mazdaspeed 3, the dealer I was at said "Mazda looses money on each of these sold so we don't discount them at all". Went to another dealer and got it for $4k under msrp.

When negotiating for my wife's hyundai elantra, they gave me the price breakdown with some $200 "marketing fee". I asked him what it was and he said its to cover the cost of the dealership advertisements. I told him straight up, take off all these extra fees or I'm leaving.

And I am definitely not paying msrp for a civic.
Exactly!! No salesman BS!

JF2KPNSX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HONDA CIVIC FD2
Country flag
so envy, here in Thailand it will be opened next year. btw I'm looking forward to Hatchback over Sedan (or maybe the sedan for my wife.)

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Finally some white and red ones. All the pics we've seen at dealers are silver, black or gray models.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was at my dealer today and I was told they got one in this afternoon. Drove around the back lot but couldn't see it. Unfortunately my salesperson wasn't there. I know she would have taken me to it. Probably inside being cleaned up. Expect it on the floor very soon.
Sponsored