TRS Retro-Quik Kit Install

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Did you adjust alignment and fine tune your projector before reseal the headlight ? The cutoff doesn't look like very sharp, especially the step.

IMG_20171228_233448 (1).jpg

IMG_20171228_233328.jpg
Are these the Morimoto Mini H1? Also, which temp color? Thanks!

nfsw_andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Acura RSX-S
Country flag
I just did this mod yesterday. The reason why your cutoff looks like shit is because you installed the mounting adapter plate wrong. It should go between the reflector bowl and shield. You have it between the shield and front lens which is wrong.

OP
OP
SpeedyPro

SpeedyPro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
I just did this mod yesterday. The reason why your cutoff looks like shit is because you installed the mounting adapter plate wrong. It should go between the reflector bowl and shield. You have it between the shield and front lens which is wrong.
Huh, good to know. Maybe one day I'll go in and fix it. But separating the headlight is a PITA, so probably not soon.

DetentionDNB

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
Huh, good to know. Maybe one day I'll go in and fix it. But separating the headlight is a PITA, so probably not soon.
Hey! I had to chime in here and clarify something. The focus of the projector is off because of the way you mounted the retro-quick bracket between the lens holder and the reflector bowl. This additional spacing has messed with the focus of the lens. You would have wanted to mount the bracket on the front of the lens holder so as to not mess with the spacing between the focal point of the lens and the bulb.

I work for TRS (The Retrofit Source) and Morimoto, and I came across this thread while planning the exact same build for my Civic (but I'm going to use the Micro D2S projector with Osram CBI bulbs).

Just had to bring this thread back to life with some new info for you guys!

OP
OP
SpeedyPro

SpeedyPro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
Update on this: my headlights don't work at all now.

I have a full replacement kit that was provided by TRS after having issues with the lights stuttering after rain in the past. I have tested voltages at every step along the way (all okay) and replaced all components but the relay harness. Still they do not work.

I contacted multiple shops to try to fix it or uninstall and get the headlights back to stock, but no one wants to do it. It's winter now so not having low beams is a very bad situation. My last resort is swapping out the relay. If that doesn't work I may have to buy aftermarket headlights, as the OEMs are $315 each plus labor to swap, which is too much.

Installing these was a gaffe and I absolutely would not touch HIDs ever again, which is reinforced by every shop I talk to saying how bad HIDs are and they don't do anything with them.

If you're in the metro Detroit area and know of a reputable shop that will pull apart a headlight for a projector swap, please DM me.
Sponsored