Igal84

First Name
Igal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
...Hello everyone .... I living in israel.
I also have the same problem. My vehicle Manufacturing from 0 in England. the factory under the highest quality control in the world of Honda.

I have 1.5T (L15BA) Civic hatchback with only 1500 k''m and I small gas in oil. The problem is world-wide.

Our temperatures are lowest at night at 18-21 degrees - there should be no problem because of the weather, as Honda claims. They lie.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Igal84

Igal84

First Name
Igal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
OP
OP
Igal84

Igal84

First Name
Igal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
If you don't know - The plant in England is the only one of Honda that produces hatchback vehicles for the whole world - where they also produce Type R - but its 2.0 engine is manufactured in Indiana.

Last edited:

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't worry, the most you can get in that weather is 3-4 mm over maximum level between oil changes, which is an extremely low% of gas that will not cause any damage to the engine besides the smell. My car has been recalled by honda and now it seems the dilution is reduced. You can find a lot of info in the specific threads with oil analisys results.

OP
OP
Igal84

Igal84

First Name
Igal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
Don't worry, the most you can get in that weather is 3-4 mm over maximum level between oil changes, which is an extremely low% of gas that will not cause any damage to the engine besides the smell. My car has been recalled by honda and now it seems the dilution is reduced. You can find a lot of info in the specific threads with oil analisys results.
It is not yet winter ... Here temperatures can reach 0. The question is whether the smell of gasoline is supposed to be oil? In the meantime, in Israel, I did not really see the problem spreading. When I received the car, I was told that I would have to change oil twice a year.

OP
OP
Igal84

Igal84

First Name
Igal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
yoy have 1.5 same model ? (L15BA)

turbo dragon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI X
Country flag
I will be keeping a close eye on this, I dont need my new car falling a part on me

OP
OP
Igal84

Igal84

First Name
Igal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
I know that Civic Hatchback Cars for the United States and Canada are assembled with model engines (L15B7) - manufactured in Indiana along with a 2.0 engine for type r. Europe has engines (L15BA) manufactured in the UK factory itself and are assembled instead of cars. Therefore, the problem in Europe may not be expanded.

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Does your vehicle idle a lot or take short trips (under 3km?)

rraayy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Are the 1.5T Civic Hatch's in the US safe?

Figures I drop 22K on a Honda because of their good ole' reliability ... absolutely livid over this BS.

Deleted member

Are the 1.5T Civic Hatch's in the US safe?

Figures I drop 22K on a Honda because of their good ole' reliability ... absolutely livid over this BS.
As far as I know there have been no reports of issues caused by fuel dilution on the 10th gen Civic in the US. Considering the fact that the 1.5T has been available for 2+ years that tells me it is probably a non issue on the Civic. Even if it ends up being an issue Honda will fix it on their dime. I'm not concerned.

rraayy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Would extended trips essentially "burn off" the fuel dilution/rememdy potential issues? I don't idle more than 30 seconds to start and only hit the highway once the temp gauge starts to rise ... I'm assuming this allows everything to get hot enough to burn off most of the dilution?

Also plan on doing full synthetic changes every 6 months

Deleted member

Would extended trips essentially "burn off" the fuel dilution/rememdy potential issues? I don't idle more than 30 seconds to start and only hit the highway once the temp gauge starts to rise ... I'm assuming this allows everything to get hot enough to burn off most of the dilution?

Also plan on doing full synthetic changes every 6 months
My understanding is as long as you occasionally drive it such that the engine can reach regular operating temperature you are going to be fine. The issue is supposed to really only surface for people who live in very, very cold climates, have a 5 minute commute, and don't do any other driving so the car never reaches normal operating temperature and thus never burns off the gasoline.
Sponsored