Tread indicators on Continental stock tires?

ElmoHongZito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I am not sure how the tread indicator on our stock tires works. See picture attached. Are they ready to be replaced when the tread reaches that little peace sign or when it gets low enough that the little peace sign has dissapeared?

Thanks in advance.

Honda Civic 10th gen Tread indicators on Continental stock tires? BFE9B4D4-0378-4F01-A772-D0F4EE9D853D
Sponsored

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I am not sure how the tread indicator on our stock tires works. See picture attached. Are they ready to be replaced when the tread reaches that little peace sign or when it gets low enough that the little peace sign has dissapeared?

Thanks in advance.

BFE9B4D4-0378-4F01-A772-D0F4EE9D853D.jpeg
I always assumed that the bars (above where you focused) were where the indicator bars were. However, what you're looking at might be the two stage tread wear indicators that Continental talks about in their press release. The first one measures at 3mm of tread left (when Continental recommends you replace the tire) and 1.6mm of tread left (when you absolutely must replace the tire). The bars above (the area I mentioned) measure 2.0mm of tread left (when the US department of transportation recommends you replace your tires). It looks like you need to replace your tires soon.
Sponsored